ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse VISA to ILR fiasco - application sent to wrong addres

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jacqui78
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA to ILR fiasco - application sent to wrong addres

Post by jacqui78 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi guys,

The details of my case is below:

My Spouse visa ended on 14th Nov 2011 and I made an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain on 20th Oct 2011. I paid the fees online, filled in the form and included all relevant documents in the application pack.
However I sent the application to LIVERPOOL address rather than DURHAM by mistake. I have proof of postage as evidence that UKBA, Liverpool did receive my application on 24th Oct 2011.
I called up the Home Office number twice (09th Nov and 14th Nov 2011) and acknowledged the mistake and in return was told to wait for either the application to be sent back immediately or it be processed. I was also told that usually an internal post takes the mails/application to the correct departments. I was also given two email i.d's to write to but they came back with automated responses.
On 28th January 2012, I received a refund of my fees stating there were no hard copy of application received by UKBA.
On 30th January 2011, I contacted a local solicitor and she sent a cheque for the required fees back to UKBA, Durham and requested them to find my application and process it.
Since then, no communication has come from the UKBA, not even an acknowledgement.
I also contacted the Local MP's office (Mr Phil Wilson, Sedgefield) and they could speak to some one in UKBA and informed me that UKBA have not been able to locate my application so far. Instead, UKBA asked the MP's office to advise me to make another application with a cover letter mentioning that UKBA has already got my documents.
However, I am advised by my solicitor and the MP's office that there is no guarantee that UKBA will consider my application without appropriate accompanying documents. My solicitor advised not to make another application as UKBA already has a valid application so far.

On 20th March 2012, I raised an official complain through their website, and till today they have not even acknowledged it.

I am stressed, perturbed and clueless.

Yours

Shre :(

jacqui78
Newly Registered

ILR Fiasco

Post by jacqui78 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello all,

Last week, I heard from UKBA stating they have found my application / documents and now will be processing it. Of course, outcome of an ILR application depends on the caseworker, I am glad they found it.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks and regards

Shre

jacqui78
Newly Registered

Post by jacqui78 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Ok, now I received a letter that my application is being considered.....fingers crossed.

jacqui78
Newly Registered

Post by jacqui78 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 am

Ok Guys, after a long wait for 8 months - I finally got my ILR and the passports arrived yesterday.

I will make a point that if documentation is alright, and if the applicant has followed right protocols - UKBA will be very fair and judicious. The application process is delayed because of severe staff crunch and heavy work load on caseworkers.

The person who was in touch with me from the complaints department, ensured to put things right from the time my application was found.

All the best to anyone whose application is pending.

Best Regards

Shre