ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Road tax fine

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifmal
Newly Registered

ILR and Road tax fine

Post by asifmal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi All,
I'm going to apply for the ILR and wondered someone could advise on the below scenerio...

Last year I've received a letter from bailiffs saying they need to recover £ 500 based on the court order for unlicensed vehicle (untaxed)

-I was convicted in the east berkshire migisterate court in my absence becacuse i never received the letters posted on my previous address
-My car was registered on the previous address which i left in 2007
-I phoned east berkshire migisterate court, they re-opened the case and they call me to sign statuary declaration stating i never received the dvla and court letters
-I went to court signed statuary declaration and the conviction was demed void, court informed bailiffs and the dvla
-I end up paying nominal late road tax renewal fee of £62 - out of court setellment
-I checked with the DVLA both my licenses and vehicle record is clean
-Also I've phoned police and they advise this does not fall under rehabilitation act 1974
I've also phoned court to get a letter stating there is no conviction against me but they advised that Statuary declaration signed by the court is the proof and is a legal document.
-At last i mange to get a letter from the court stating my case was deemds void after i signed statuary declaration
- Do you think i need to do anything else so my name is not in PNC and CRB?

Further to above

I have 2 master degrees from the UK
Earning £38k
Myself and my wife have passed life in the uk test
3 kids, 2 born in the UK ( do you think i need to include 2 kids born in the uk in my ILR application?)
Curent status- HSMP Tier 1 general category
Do you think i need a solictor in my case?
What is the best approach premium same day service or postal

Thanks

Mohammed Asif

asifmal@hotmail.com

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 am

I think your case is straight forward and you don't need any solicitor. I belive this forum will provide you enough help before you apply for ILR that you don't need any lawyer. :-)

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:41 am

Hi

To be honest with you mate your case looks pretty straight forward to me. You don't really need a lawyer for your case. I would highly recommend that you take a PEO appointment at any PEO a part from Croydon I am just advising you this due to the fact that some members of this forum has bad experiences at PEO Croydon. I know getting a PEO appointment is going to cost you a lots of money including all your dependends but I believe its well worth spending the amount. Other wise you can just post your application and be extra patience to wait for unlimited time period to get the results of your application.

Good luck for your ILR.

asifmal
Newly Registered

Post by asifmal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am

Smam wrote:Hi

To be honest with you mate your case looks pretty straight forward to me. You don't really need a lawyer for your case. I would highly recommend that you take a PEO appointment at any PEO a part from Croydon I am just advising you this due to the fact that some members of this forum has bad experiences at PEO Croydon. I know getting a PEO appointment is going to cost you a lots of money including all your dependends but I believe its well worth spending the amount. Other wise you can just post your application and be extra patience to wait for unlimited time period to get the results of your application.

Good luck for your ILR.

My 2 kids born in the uk...out which 2, one is on my dependant visa...do you think I shall include them in the ILR applocation or just myself, my wife and son born in pakistan and once i get ILR then apply for registeration for my 2 kids born in the UK?

Please advise

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi

It shouldn't be a problem for your kids who born in UK you can apply MN1 for them once you get your ILR.

But for your wife and a son who born in Pakistan you should have to follow the same procedures as you're following for your self.

Good luck for your ILR.

asifmal
Newly Registered

Post by asifmal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

It shouldn't be a problem for your kids who born in UK you can apply MN1 for them once you get your ILR.

But for your wife and a son who born in Pakistan you should have to follow the same procedures as you're following for your self.

Good luck for your ILR.
you are blessing in disguise! few more questions

Currently I'm on HSMP Tier 1 visa since july 2007
What documents I will need other than listed below for my ILR application.

SET (0) form

- UK Master degree- 35+5= 40 points
- Life in the UK test pass by myself and my wife
- Eearning £ 35+ = 40 points- I have
-payslips for my previous employer May till October 2011
- Bank statement showing those payments
- Employer stating my annual salary and duration of the employment
- From November 2011...I've registered my own limited company
- Getting monthly salary of £724 and divident 2500
- I have monthly payslips
- Bank statment showing monthly salary and divident in my personal account
- I will ask for the divident voucher from the accounttant
- Profit and loss account showing profit
- Letter from accountant confirming my divident

Proof of accomodation
- Mortgage letter

Proof of address for myself and wife

Personal History

-I have late road tax renewal fine...I was convicted in the court in my absence as letters were sent on the prevous addres..I signed statuary declaration, paid £ 62 to dvla (out of court settlement)
- Letter from DVLA statting they received £62
- Letter form the Court stating my convication has been deemed void as I' had signed statuary declaration
- I've applied for PNC certificate

- Marriage certificate

is there any document missing, please advise?

Thanks