ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Sponsor terminated Job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

checkOut1234
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Sponsor terminated Job

Post by checkOut1234 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi

how long can a person stay inside UK, if a sponsor wants to terminate the employee.

can i still search for a new Job who can sponsor me?

please let me know how many days i am allowed to stay inside UK to look a new job

i believe it is 60days, please confirm me

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Read 221 to 225 of the T2 guidance

In my inexpert opinion, this is a grey area. We will curtail your leave is not the same as your leave will be curtailed. There does not seem to an automatic curtailment; the guidance says that your leave will be curtailed in the circumstances you describe but that the UKBA will contact you and inform you of such action. The guidance states that you have sixty days from the date of notification of curtailment.

Let's see what others make of this!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 am

An interesting variation in the Tier 2 policy guidance:

in the February 2012 guidance there was this paragraph:
"224. If you have 6 months leave or less remaining, we will not curtail your leave."

This has been removed from the April 2012 and the June 2012 guidances.

In any case, checkOut1234 can look for a new sponsor and if he/she is successful an application for leave to remain can be submitted before the expiry of his/her current leave, curtailed or otherwise.