ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant daughter,Brazilian fiance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Barty
Newly Registered

Pregnant daughter,Brazilian fiance

Post by Barty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

Hello, my daughter, a bc, is 5 months pregnant by her Brazilian fiancé ,and she is asking us to sponsor his visa application which we are happy to do. The baby is due in sept, so from august ish she won't be able to work. Can she claim maternity benefits while visa application going thru? They can live with us but I dont know how much money I have to show ukba.will she be able to claim child benefit?
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 am

She can claim whatever benefits she wants but he can't claim any for himself. If they are relying wholly on your support, it's likely that you will have to show that you have an additional monthly sum, in excess of what is necessary for you own needs, of 460 pounds to support them. That's 460 every month that has to be separately ring-fenced out of your own income, for their use. If you don't have an income and are relying on savings, then the amount needed will be 460 x 27 = 12,420.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barty
Newly Registered

Pregnant daughter Brazilian fiancé

Post by Barty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 am

Thanks for reply. I'm happy to provide sponsorship , if they live in flat, am I right in assuming that they wouldn't be able to get hb? Or could my daughter claim it in her own right even if he was living with her?

luna11
Newly Registered

Re: Pregnant daughter Brazilian fiancé

Post by luna11 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Barty wrote:Thanks for reply. I'm happy to provide sponsorship , if they live in flat, am I right in assuming that they wouldn't be able to get hb? Or could my daughter claim it in her own right even if he was living with her?
British person can claim HB and CTB, but make sure you notify the HB office that her fiance has no recourse to public fund, so it will be treated as single claim and not for both.