ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund went under £800 for a few hours on 19.03.12

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GautamPr
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund went under £800 for a few hours on 19.03.12

Post by GautamPr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please provide a good suggestion / advice for this situation with the maintenance funds?

1. My current Tier 1 General Visa Expires on 20th May-2012. ( I have an appointment for the premium service booked for 14/05/2012)
2. I have been maintaining a balance of over £900 in my account since 01/01/2012 onwards
3. On 19th March I noticed that my account balance had gone under £800 (to £791). Following this I made an electronic transfer from another account of mine to ensure that the balance of this account goes over £800.
4. Both entries (the one that took my balance under £800 and the one that took my balance over £800) are on the same date, i.e. 19/03/2012.

Can anyone please confirm if this will have a negative impact on my visa extension application or not? I have a very clean Immigration history and I fulfil all other criteria’s required by UKBA.

Many Thanks,
Prabhakar Gautam

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Re: Maintenance fund went under £800 for a few hours on 19.0

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:53 pm

GautamPr wrote:Hi,

Can anyone please provide a good suggestion / advice for this situation with the maintenance funds?

1. My current Tier 1 General Visa Expires on 20th May-2012. ( I have an appointment for the premium service booked for 14/05/2012)
2. I have been maintaining a balance of over £900 in my account since 01/01/2012 onwards
3. On 19th March I noticed that my account balance had gone under £800 (to £791). Following this I made an electronic transfer from another account of mine to ensure that the balance of this account goes over £800.
4. Both entries (the one that took my balance under £800 and the one that took my balance over £800) are on the same date, i.e. 19/03/2012.

Can anyone please confirm if this will have a negative impact on my visa extension application or not? I have a very clean Immigration history and I fulfil all other criteria’s required by UKBA.

Many Thanks,
Prabhakar Gautam
It probably can cause negative impact though i might be wrong. Don't you a saving account instead?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 pm

this is definitely something to worry about. search well in this forum, as far as I can remember I have seen similar thing before where the application was rejected.

clean immigration history etc don't matter before the letter of the rule where uk ba is concerned.

try to show maintenance fund from another account in combination with this account. you can show balance from two accounts that add up to a daily minimum balance of 800 or above

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Many Thanks,
Prabhakar Gautam
If I were you, I would get the statement for that other account of yours and submit it along with the current account. Better safe than sorry!

SunnyKK
Newly Registered

Post by SunnyKK » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 pm

vignezh wrote:

Many Thanks,
Prabhakar Gautam
If I were you, I would get the statement for that other account of yours and submit it along with the current account. Better safe than sorry!
Yes I agree with vignezh, also you can write a cover letter to explain this. as both of these accounts belong to you it shouldn't be a problem, but make sure you explain it properly.

GautamPr
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by GautamPr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you everyone for your replies. I wasn't sure that I can use two seperate account to meet the maintenance fund requirement. If I use two accounts then I do certainly statisfy the criteria.

Plus thinking about it, I have a joint accout with my Father in India which I am sure has enough funds to cover me for the visa application.

Best wishes

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks!

Post by sts96508 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 am

GautamPr wrote:Thank you everyone for your replies. I wasn't sure that I can use two seperate account to meet the maintenance fund requirement. If I use two accounts then I do certainly statisfy the criteria.

Plus thinking about it, I have a joint accout with my Father in India which I am sure has enough funds to cover me for the visa application.

Best wishes
why complicate your application by using overseas account, that too joint ?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 pm

There is no harm in showing an overseas account even if it is joint. But how will you get the signature of your Dad on the application form. (assuming he is not in UK)

So better do it using your UK accounts. If you don't meet the minimum funds requirement than you have to show overseas account.