ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) Work permit_SOC code

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam88aiz
Newly Registered

SET (O) Work permit_SOC code

Post by sam88aiz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:27 pm

I am confused regarding the SOC code referenced in the letter.
The minimum rate of salary for the referenced SOC code (2129) (£14.76 per hour) & (£23,000 Per annum New graduate) according to (Tier 2 Section M Occupational Codes of Practice - Version 04/12: Valid from 04/04/2012) is higher than my actual income amount fall between the two rates,
If I am considered as a new graduate, I would be covered by this code. But the other rate (£14.76 per hour) doesn’t cover my income.
If anyone had similar issue and can advise please?

jay09

Re: SET (O) Work permit_SOC code

Post by jay09 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote="sam88aiz"]I am confused regarding the SOC code referenced in the letter.
The minimum rate of salary for the referenced SOC code (2129) (£14.76 per hour) & (£23,000 Per annum New graduate) according to (Tier 2 Section M Occupational Codes of Practice - Version 04/12: Valid from 04/04/2012) is higher than my actual income amount fall between the two rates,
If I am considered as a new graduate, I would be covered by this code. But the other rate (£14.76 per hour) doesn’t cover my income.
If anyone had similar issue and can advise please?[/quote]

Just realised that we may be in the same situation. I wonder if we can still be classed as new graduates after 5 years in the job. When are you due for your ILR?