ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION QUERY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

learner007

NATURALISATION QUERY

Post by learner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi All

Could anyone please confirm if I am eligible to apply for naturalisation in the following situation?

I was granted ILR in OCT 2011 under SET (M) rules (marriage to British Citizen).

I wanted to know if my previous stay the UK can count towards the 3 years required for naturalization. Details of immigration status are as follows:

- Feb 2007 - June 2009 on student visa. However my student visa was revoked .I appealed and was allowed under Human rights article 8 as I was married to a British citizen
- In May 2009 I was granted with DLR(Discretionary leave to remain) for 3 years
- In July 2009 I travelled back to my home country and applied for Entry clearance as a spouse of British Citizen
- In Oct 2009 I was granted with Spouse visa for 27 months
- In Nov 2011 I was granted with ILR.

The only time I was absent from uk was the time when I applied for spouse visa and was out of country from July- Nov 2009.

My question is, given that I was a granted DLR on 9th May prior to my Entry clearance visa and travelling abroad. Will that time count towards my naturalization? If so, am I eligible to apply for naturalization on 9th may 2012 as I was physically present in UK on 9th may 2009 ( on discretionary leave to remain ) or Do I have to wait until Nov 2012.

Thank you for your help.
Kind Regards