ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium ILR - applying through company solicitor

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londonvasi
Newly Registered

Premium ILR - applying through company solicitor

Post by Londonvasi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 am

Hi All,

I work for a big company in London. I am on a work permit sponsored by my employer and I eligible to apply for ILR on 30th April. My company agreed to process my ILR through company's immigration solicitors.

When I met with the solicitor's representative, he explained that they will go for premium service and law firms like themselves have slots alloted by UKBA. He took copy of my passport and my dependent's passports and said he will let me know once the appointment is confirmed. He also told me that they will try for the earliest possible date in each case, which is in my case is 30th April.

This was about two and a half months back. Every week, he keeps saying that they are still waiting for appointment to be confirmed by UKBA. On 16th April, he showed me a confirmation they received on that day for an appointment on 26th April for some one else.

Does any one know how does the legal firms having their appointment slots with UKBA actually work? Do they request slots for individuals or are they allotted slots which they then decide which clients to present?

I tried to get this info from my company's solicitor's representative, but he is not very transparent. He says that it is UKBA that needs to confirm a slot. My concern is if these guys are getting slots that they need to allocate to clients, they may be making some priority calls in allocating them, there by giving me short end of the stick.

Many Thanks.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 am

Hi

To be honest with you to the best of my knowledge some memnbers only some members of the OISC use to have this previllage to have slots available for them at the PEO but ever since after the 29th of Feb 2012 this month I think they've changed it and now they dont have any special slots available for them and every applicant has to book an appointment by his/her self for the PEO.

I am just sharing my knowledge from you.

I do advice you to consult the Mods,Gurus or Senior members of this forum for a better picture on this matter.

Good luck for your ILR.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:00 am

Smam wrote:Hi

To be honest with you to the best of my knowledge some memnbers only some members of the OISC use to have this previllage to have slots available for them at the PEO but ever since after the 29th of Feb 2012 this month I think they've changed it and now they dont have any special slots available for them and every applicant has to book an appointment by his/her self for the PEO.

I am just sharing my knowledge from you.

I do advice you to consult the Mods,Gurus or Senior members of this forum for a better picture on this matter.

Good luck for your ILR.
My friend may be right, I am not sure but my brotherly advice is please watch out you do not run out of your visa. Such a scenario can jeopardise you ILR no matter how big the company is. If in tight corner then please send your documents for postal application but before the expiry of your limited leave to remain

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:51 am

It is a very good thing that your employer has EVEN offered their company solicitor to help you out. But if you are not getting the service you need/require you are better off doing it yourself - book your appointment and taken your documents yourself to the PEO or even still submit your phones by post.

have you told your employer that their solicitor is messing you about?