ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in GP registration? Will it affect tier1 extn?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tapas_16880

Delay in GP registration? Will it affect tier1 extn?

Post by tapas_16880 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Guys,

I had moved to the new address last november but cudn't re-register myself with the loxal GP. I was initially registered with the GP during my old address.

Now that there are only 3 months left till my extn they are saying there shud be a minimum 6 months visa validity to re-register with GP.

I and my wife both have our NHS numbers but was thinking can this affect my extn?

I think it shud not but still want your views as you guys have always been kind and helpful to me.

Thanks,
Tapas
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:44 pm

GP registration doesnt affect extension application in anyway

Who came up with the rule of having 6 months leave before you can register with the GP ? ask them to show you where it is written

totally ridiculous rule i have read in a good long time :lol:
Manka

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Delay in GP registration? Will it affect tier1 extn?

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:34 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Hi Guys,

I had moved to the new address last november but cudn't re-register myself with the loxal GP. I was initially registered with the GP during my old address.

Now that there are only 3 months left till my extn they are saying there shud be a minimum 6 months visa validity to re-register with GP.

I and my wife both have our NHS numbers but was thinking can this affect my extn?

I think it shud not but still want your views as you guys have always been kind and helpful to me.

Thanks,
Tapas
Unfortunately many GP's in my area in London ask for that. Usually the receptionist at the GP does not know much about the rules. And when asked to give it in writing that they are unable to register you because of the less than 6 months of visa validity, they start giving you other reasons that they are currently not accepting new registrations, or some other ridiculous reasons on the same line.
Though your GP registration has absolutely nothing to do with your Tier 1 extension. And if you are thinking of providing the NHS registration card, as an additional document(which some applicants do), then you can always provide some other proof. Again none of which is actually necessary

layman

Post by layman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 pm

GP registration should not matter at all for extension.

As for your registration, ask the receptionist at the GP about who have given these guidelines and which agency can you speak to regarding the same. I was in a similar situation, called up the relevant agency, spoke to a person from the medical services unit and explained my situation. He said that it was the general rule but typically for totally new registrations in the country. He called up the GP surgery to sort out things and I was able to register.

manojk005

Re: Delay in GP registration? Will it affect tier1 extn?

Post by manojk005 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
tapas_16880 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Tapas
Unfortunately many GP's in my area in London ask for that. Usually the receptionist at the GP does not know much about the rules. And when asked to give it in writing that they are unable to register you because of the less than 6 months of visa validity, they start giving you other reasons that they are currently not accepting new registrations, or some other ridiculous reasons on the same line.
Though your GP registration has absolutely nothing to do with your Tier 1 extension. And if you are thinking of providing the NHS registration card, as an additional document(which some applicants do), then you can always provide some other proof. Again none of which is actually necessary
If some one come up with such silly logic then its best to complain to appropriate government agency as GP receptionist is putting your health at risk whereas they are supposed to protect. Ask this in writing and if denied then complain to NHS. I do not know where to complain but finding this over internet is not very difficult. Here in UK, many think that non-white immigrants are easy target and if not stopped then it will be problem. Better to tackle them head on rather than ignoring. So far, I have taken estate agent and private parking guy head on where they backed off soon after realising that it is not easy. Despite many problems in UK system specially being faced by dealing with UKBA, no one harm if you are on the right side of law.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Link below might be of help. If you have lived in UK for less than 12 months then your NHS access is limited but this should not apply in your case.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ealthcare/