ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with 2 FPN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaki
Newly Registered

ILR with 2 FPN

Post by kaki » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Experts,

I am a silent reader of this forum, and i am glad to know this site as it helps many people.

I am due for ILR next month, and i am planning to apply for PEO.
Currently having two fines (Fixed penalty notices)
June 2009: 1) DVLA found my vehicle at my house with out road tax disc. (Paid 260 pounds and got my car released on time)
Apr 2010: 2) Speeding over 50 on a 50 speed limit (SP30)(Paid 60 pounds on time and have 3 points on my licence.)

On both these cases they are out of court settlements.

Q1: Do i need to declare them in the application as they not criminal offences.
Q2: If i declare,since they are two FPN's, what are the chances to to get my ILR approval?
Q3: Does it help if i apply for a CRB check so it will be clear for HO that i dont have any criminal offences?

Appreciate your advice's and suggestions.
Regards
Kaki

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 pm

I have exact same issue , but I have one more FPN than you. Total 9 points. I have stopped driving for the last 2 years.

It has been 2 years since the last offence was committed and the other two at a distance of another 6 months before that. So all in 2009 and 2010.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated. I have my ILR coming up in Oct this year.

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 pm

You both should be fine -- as discussed in sticky, FPN do not form part of a person's criminal record and ... must therefore be disregarded. The only possible issue is that of multiple penalty notices, particularly over a short period of time. Even then those 2 FPNs are also not an issue here, as they happened outside 12 months period preceding the application, so you should be ok according to the guidance on good character requirement.

selva

Re: ILR with 2 FPN

Post by selva » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

kaki wrote:Hi Experts,

I am a silent reader of this forum, and i am glad to know this site as it helps many people.

I am due for ILR next month, and i am planning to apply for PEO.
Currently having two fines (Fixed penalty notices)
June 2009: 1) DVLA found my vehicle at my house with out road tax disc. (Paid 260 pounds and got my car released on time)
Apr 2010: 2) Speeding over 50 on a 50 speed limit (SP30)(Paid 60 pounds on time and have 3 points on my licence.)

On both these cases they are out of court settlements.

Q1: Do i need to declare them in the application as they not criminal offences.
Q2: If i declare,since they are two FPN's, what are the chances to to get my ILR approval?
Q3: Does it help if i apply for a CRB check so it will be clear for HO that i dont have any criminal offences?

Appreciate your advice's and suggestions.
Regards
Kaki
Fixed penalty notices are need not be declared as long as no court involvement but multiple fixed penalty during a short period may affect.

2 fixed penalty notices will not have adverse effect on your ILR. whether you declare it or not I believe home office will see it. I am in same situation as you and I am declaring (CU80 and SP30 in 2009) it. if you are going for PEO then advise caseworker that no court involvement or write it in the description"no court involvement" in the application form.

Good Luck

kaki
Newly Registered

Post by kaki » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi dimsav and selva, Thanks for your priceless inputs.

eureka_ilr, we both are on a similar boat, i wish u all the best.

I am glad i know this forum. I love this site.

-Kaki

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:58 pm

dimsav, selva and kaki

God bless u all mates :-) Thanks for the kind and informative advice
I wish u all the very best kaki given that your ILR is earlier than mine. Please do update the site with the good news in a couple of months time.

We are hard working people who have gotten into this driving issues without any criminal intentions rather just plain bad luck or at worst bad driving skills !

Also I would suggest keeping a solicitor by your side just in case something untoward , however unlikely, were to happen. Or am I being slightly alarmist here ?

Best Regards
Eureka