ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays current statement does not show everyday bal.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tot

Barclays current statement does not show everyday bal.

Post by tot » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am due for my extension in July. So I wanted to clear up this before may starts whether...I need to show everyday balance for maintenance funds in my account?

If YES then my query is...

My Barclays current account statement does not show everyday balance. It only shows the transaction date Dr/Cr. with the remaining balance for that particular day/transaction.

Is there a need for me to make a min daily transaction for the account balance to reflect in my statement on daily basis. For instance on a daily basis transfer of 5 gbp current to savings & then back to current account...would that help....or that should not be of concern.

Pls advice.

Thanks in advance.
-tot

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi,

No, you don't need to make a transaction each day. Just ensure the balance is above the threshold specified for the 90 day period.

Kind Regards

Manka10

Re: Barclays current statement does not show everyday bal.

Post by Manka10 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 pm

tot wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am due for my extension in July. So I wanted to clear up this before may starts whether...I need to show everyday balance for maintenance funds in my account?

If YES then my query is...

My Barclays current account statement does not show everyday balance. It only shows the transaction date Dr/Cr. with the remaining balance for that particular day/transaction.

Is there a need for me to make a min daily transaction for the account balance to reflect in my statement on daily basis. For instance on a daily basis transfer of 5 gbp current to savings & then back to current account...would that help....or that should not be of concern.

Pls advice.

Thanks in advance.
-tot
not everyday but make a transaction at the end of 90 day period so the balance shows up, I did the same but I also got a letter from my bank mentioning I had more than the required amount for last 3 months

if you can get a letter, UKBA will probably ignore the statement
Manka

tot

Post by tot » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks thebionicredneck2003 & Manka. That surely helps.

Manka, did you get that letter from bank on a letter headed paper with valid stamp on it?

And if you could share whether your bank was also Barclays? To be frank I've had really tough time getting my un-posted statements on a letterheaded paper & had to visit my account branch in Derby to get it stamped.

It would be great if you could share your experience.

thanks very much guys.

-tot

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:32 pm

tot wrote:Thanks thebionicredneck2003 & Manka. That surely helps.

Manka, did you get that letter from bank on a letter headed paper with valid stamp on it?

And if you could share whether your bank was also Barclays? To be frank I've had really tough time getting my un-posted statements on a letterheaded paper & had to visit my account branch in Derby to get it stamped.

It would be great if you could share your experience.

thanks very much guys.

-tot
the bank was halifax, it had my name, address, account number with signature & stamp on a headed paper

if you have barclays online statements then just get a print which comes on a headed paper & go to a branch to get it stamped, no signature necessary
Manka

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Each transaction date will have the debit or credit amount along with the end of day balance.
So, when there is no transaction, it is understood that end previous transaction (or last transaction days balance) date's balance still remains the same for the unprinted days (or dates) in your monthly statement.

For example,
if you have 3 transactions between 1st May and 30th May - the statement would like like this -
1st May 10 Cr 1000 balance
15th May 500 Cr 1500 balance
28th May 500 Cr 2000 balance

This means that between 1st may and 14th may(both dates inclusive) the end of day's balance was always 1000
Similarly between 15th may and 27th may (both dates inclusive), end of day's balance was always 1500
Hope i didn't confuse.....
:)

So the statement that you have is absolutely fine.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

tot

Post by tot » Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm

indianinworld wrote:Each transaction date will have the debit or credit amount along with the end of day balance.
So, when there is no transaction, it is understood that end previous transaction (or last transaction days balance) date's balance still remains the same for the unprinted days (or dates) in your monthly statement.

For example,
if you have 3 transactions between 1st May and 30th May - the statement would like like this -
1st May 10 Cr 1000 balance
15th May 500 Cr 1500 balance
28th May 500 Cr 2000 balance

This means that between 1st may and 14th may(both dates inclusive) the end of day's balance was always 1000
Similarly between 15th may and 27th may (both dates inclusive), end of day's balance was always 1500
Hope i didn't confuse.....
:)

So the statement that you have is absolutely fine.
Hey,

Thanks for laying all that for me.
Apart from all that..I wish I had that much balance in my account...I would go for an Entrepreneur visa rather than General :P