ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR (Tier 1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markotsg

Applying ILR (Tier 1)

Post by markotsg » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Hello we will be aplying for ILR Set(O) under Tier 1 category
We are confused about Cohabitation evidence requirments.

They said they require 6 letters from 3 different soruces to cover wthole 2 years

To cover whole two years with Electricity Bill in Joint names, Gas Joints, names, Council tax joint names, water bill joint names we will require 48 documents for each for each Month of the year?

Sorry I am really confused, could anyone list their expiriences please?

"We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources"

push
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation evidence for ILR

Post by push » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:54 pm

markotsg wrote:Hello we will be aplying for ILR Set(O) under Tier 1 category

They said they require 6 letters from 3 different soruces to cover wthole 2 years

To cover whole two years with Electricity Bill in Joint names, Gas Joints, names, Council tax joint names, water bill joint names we will require 48 documents for each for each Month of the year?

"We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources"
you need no less than 6 letters.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am

I think the requirement is for set(M) form - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf
Section 11,Page 19.

SET (O) doesn't ask for 6 different letters is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

For SET(O) the requirement is:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse
section 11, page 39

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am

May I put in simple words what you need
1 Cohabitation proof spread over 2 years does not mean joint names. It simply means that you and your partner address should be same. Letters could be in individual names on different dates. For example GP letters, medical cards, Driving license council tax, utility bills, credit card bills, letters from employers, tax papers so on. six to eight letters in total (3 in your name and 3 in your spouse names should be sufficient. Any joint letter would reduce your work load to half

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:06 am

if your spouce and child are already on your dependant visa then ukba won't need all 6 different type of your cohab docs.they didn't take mine but still be prepared and gather as much as you can but they can't refuse your application on that document only.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 pm

markotsg wrote:Hello

Could you please tell me when applying for ILR SETO do you have to provide and bring photocopies of all documents as well?

The following is from the set o form

Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section 11 and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same).

regards

Marko
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 pm

markotsg wrote:Hello

Could you please tell me when applying for ILR SETO do you have to provide and bring photocopies of all documents as well?

The following is from the set o form

Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section 11 and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same).

regards

Marko
I would personally take copies with me, as this will make it easier for the CW on the day as he/she will not need to photocopy them at the time. From experiences posted by others on this forum, there are those who have & haven't taken copies of the supporting documents with them.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Keyrun wrote:

I think the requirement is for set(M) form - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf
Section 11,Page 19.

SET (O) doesn't ask for 6 different letters is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

For SET(O) the requirement is:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse
section 11, page 39
I am also applying ILR with SET(O)
Do only joint bank statement will work? Also my wife has electricity bill on my current address. In my previous address we did not had any utility bill as everything was included in rent. So we have only bank statement for the previous address. will that be enough?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm

You should follow the example laid down in set(m) for set(o) cohabitation proof. The difference is that set(o) required proof from the last PBS dep extension up to a maximum period of 2 years.

For a 2 year period that would be a joint letter or letter each for roughly every 4 months for a total of at least 3 different sources. However, there should be more leniency with a set(o) application, so far as the proof satisfies .....on the balance of probabilities.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.