ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Date of Entry in UK - SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vnkotak

First Date of Entry in UK - SET (O)

Post by vnkotak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,

I first came in this country in May-2006, however number of days I was out of this country since then is 211 which is more than permitted days - 180 days.

One of the my major break was from Mar-2007 to end of Apr-2007 (around 45 days) due to this it's crossing 180.

However, after I came back in end of Apr-2007, the no. of days is below 180 and I want to apply the ILR on the basis of entry I made in Apr-2007, but I am not sure if that's what we need to write on SET (O) form??

In section 6, question 6.1 states - "What is the first date of entry in UK? This refers to first entry for which this application is based".

My question is, what will be the date I need to enter here.... Should it be May-2006 when I first entered or should it be end of Apr-2007 as I want to apply on the basis of the date??

Please help... Hope I have not confused you guys here

Thankss,
Vishal

selva

Re: First Date of Entry in UK - SET (O)

Post by selva » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:22 pm

vnkotak wrote:Hi,

I first came in this country in May-2006, however number of days I was out of this country since then is 211 which is more than permitted days - 180 days.

One of the my major break was from Mar-2007 to end of Apr-2007 (around 45 days) due to this it's crossing 180.

However, after I came back in end of Apr-2007, the no. of days is below 180 and I want to apply the ILR on the basis of entry I made in Apr-2007, but I am not sure if that's what we need to write on SET (O) form??

In section 6, question 6.1 states - "What is the first date of entry in UK? This refers to first entry for which this application is based".

My question is, what will be the date I need to enter here.... Should it be May-2006 when I first entered or should it be end of Apr-2007 as I want to apply on the basis of the date??

Please help... Hope I have not confused you guys here

Thankss,
Vishal
in what basis you entered in May-2006? also in what basis you re-entered 2007? give more details

vnkotak

Re: First Date of Entry in UK - SET (O)

Post by vnkotak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

selva wrote:
in what basis you entered in May-2006? also in what basis you re-entered 2007? give more details
I came in UK on Work Permit with initial 1 year visa, so when I came in Apr-2007 it was the again through Work Permit only and then extended the visa after that.

So, there is no break in visa, I have continuous visa from May-2006 till date, it's just that the no. of days away from UK is more than permitted days, which is 180...

And if I count the no. of days from Apr-2007, then it is less than 180, so my valid continuous 5 years is from Apr-2007 rather than May-2006..

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:23 pm

No help so far :(

Somebody plz help...