ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) with no dependants.. Cohabitation proof..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debz

SET(O) with no dependants.. Cohabitation proof..

Post by debz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi,

I need a bit of advice on my upcoming ILR appointment this month.

I am a SET(O) applicant with no dependants. HSMP (nonJR) 2 years + Tier1(General) Extension 3 years.
My husband has his own visa and due for ILR sometime next month.

My common sense says that as we are applying independantly, I wouldn't need any cohabitation proof for my ILR (nor his).. Right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Debjani.

selva

Re: SET(O) with no dependants.. Cohabitation proof..

Post by selva » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 pm

debz wrote:Hi,

I need a bit of advice on my upcoming ILR appointment this month.

I am a SET(O) applicant with no dependants. HSMP (nonJR) 2 years + Tier1(General) Extension 3 years.
My husband has his own visa and due for ILR sometime next month.

My common sense says that as we are applying independantly, I wouldn't need any cohabitation proof for my ILR (nor his).. Right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Debjani.
you are right if you are applying independently

golu

Post by golu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 pm

hey Debz,

No co habitation proof needed if you are applying for yourself only :D

debz

Post by debz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks to both of you for the confirmation..

Btw, Golu.. it's you, my visa extn buddy of 2009.. right? :D

Also, will I need to show my utility bills/council tax,etc to prove anything in my case?

For proving 5 years continuous stay in UK, they have asked for P60/P45s.. I am providing a letter from HMRC too.. enough, right? I am confused how these tax return docs can prove that I have stayed continuously in UK for 5 years (they should be having that in my immigrations recs where in/out of country data is recorded).. As a contractor, I had not worked all 12 months every year but have worked and filed tax every year. I worked as permanent employee too (initially).