ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent

Post by hammad.77 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

I have couple of questions regarding tier 1 dependent.

1) Is there any time limit that the dependent has to join main applicant after the grant of the visa?

2) I was given Tier 1 general in Sep-2009 and my wife will be joining me in around Dec this year. I'll be eligible for settlement in around Sep-2014 but at that time my wife will be with me in UK for less than 2 years.

The rule for the settlement of the Tier 1 dependent says ... 'you and they have been living together in the UK for at least 2 years'.

Is it a major problem? What would be her status when her visa will be expiring?

Can somebody please calrify?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 pm

hammad.77 wrote:I have couple of questions regarding tier 1 dependent.

1) Is there any time limit that the dependent has to join main applicant after the grant of the visa?

2) I was given Tier 1 general in Sep-2009 and my wife will be joining me in around Dec this year. I'll be eligible for settlement in around Sep-2014 but at that time my wife will be with me in UK for less than 2 years.

The rule for the settlement of the Tier 1 dependent says ... 'you and they have been living together in the UK for at least 2 years'.

Is it a major problem? What would be her status when her visa will be expiring?

Can somebody please calrify?

Thanks
if you wife has not completed 2 years in the UK with you by the time you apply for ILR she will need to apply for further leave on form FLR(M), and then apply for ILR once she has completed two years in a combination of the two categories.

See FLR or ILR for my dependent

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Post by hammad.77 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Many thanks Greenie!

Can anyone please help with .... Is there any time limit in which the dependent has to join the main applicant after the grant of visa?

For example if my wife gets visa in Sep but she joins me in December, can it be any problem?

Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 pm

hammad.77 wrote:Many thanks Greenie!

Can anyone please help with .... Is there any time limit in which the dependent has to join the main applicant after the grant of visa?

For example if my wife gets visa in Sep but she joins me in December, can it be any problem?

Thanks
No problem with that. My wife joined me after more than three months from receiving the visa