ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaybe

marriage

Post by kaybe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 am

i got this query for my junior cousin, hes a naturalised irish ctizen and a student on "back to education allowance". he wanna go and marry his girlfriend back home. can the girlfriend be granted visa to ireland base on his status. pls i need advice on this
kaybedab

kaybe

visa

Post by kaybe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 pm

kaybe wrote:i got this query for my junior cousin, hes a naturalised irish ctizen and a student on "back to education allowance". he wanna go and marry his girlfriend back home. can the girlfriend be granted visa to ireland base on his status. pls i need advice on this
kaybedab

dania

Post by dania » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm

first thing they will be looking before granting visa is if he be able to support her without be a burden on the state so make sure that he be able to show he is employed has his proper residence and etc......
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Naija

Post by Naija » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I have done a lot of research and you have a lot of information on INIS website in a section for spouses of Irish nationals.Basically as dania said one of main things they are looking for is that he is able to support her with his own money instead of relying on any social welfare assistance,so our advice would be that he looks for a job,which can prove a challenge in these difficult times.Also,since the marriage will be fairly new,you should have quite few proofs of a lasting relationship before the marriage happened such as calls,messages,photos.They can also ask for other things,as you can find more information on INIS website for spouse's of Irish nationals section.So i would advise he starts gathering all these things right now as it will be difficult to accomplish it later on when you want to.I have same problem as your cousin.So maybe if he has someone in another EU country,he might use that route to bring her to europe and then come to Dublin in few months after that.Have a look at exercising EU Treaty rights.Good luck. :)

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am

Naija wrote:I have done a lot of research and you have a lot of information on INIS website in a section for spouses of Irish nationals.Basically as dania said one of main things they are looking for is that he is able to support her with his own money instead of relying on any social welfare assistance,so our advice would be that he looks for a job,which can prove a challenge in these difficult times.Also,since the marriage will be fairly new,you should have quite few proofs of a lasting relationship before the marriage happened such as calls,messages,photos.They can also ask for other things,as you can find more information on INIS website for spouse's of Irish nationals section.So i would advise he starts gathering all these things right now as it will be difficult to accomplish it later on when you want to.I have same problem as your cousin.So maybe if he has someone in another EU country,he might use that route to bring her to europe and then come to Dublin in few months after that.Have a look at exercising EU Treaty rights.Good luck. :)
thanks guys
kaybedab

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 12:15 pm

:wink:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]