ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling without BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ellec13
Newly Registered

Travelling without BRP

Post by ellec13 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

apologies if this has been covered, but is it possible to travel without the Biometric Residence Permit IF my current Tier 1 visa is still valid?

I am hoping to travel for the Bank Holiday next weekend and (again hoping!) that my passport will be returned by early next week. However, I don't expect the BRP to follow until a few weeks later so is travel still be possible?

My current Tier 1 visa expires at the end of May and I applied for an extension in February.

Any thoughts?

ajf773

Re: Travelling without BRP

Post by ajf773 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 pm

ellec13 wrote:apologies if this has been covered, but is it possible to travel without the Biometric Residence Permit IF my current Tier 1 visa is still valid?

I am hoping to travel for the Bank Holiday next weekend and (again hoping!) that my passport will be returned by early next week. However, I don't expect the BRP to follow until a few weeks later so is travel still be possible?

My current Tier 1 visa expires at the end of May and I applied for an extension in February.

Any thoughts?
You will need your passport back to travel abroad. UKBA state you should bring your BRP at all times as you will need it to re-enter the UK. If you have evidence to prove you have a BRP granted but not delivered, then it may be allowable but you may be subject to interrogation at the UK border control for them to allow you entry.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 am