ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What qualifies as "company headed paper"?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbca

What qualifies as "company headed paper"?

Post by jonbca » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm planning on using an employer letter as one of the pieces of evidence for my T1 extension.

My employer usually uses laser-printed letter head (i.e. they have a Word template with the logo and address on it, and type the letter onto that template). Is this OK? Or do they have to use pre-printed stationery from a printing company? There is some of that around but it has an old address on it.

Thanks!

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm

It will be fine as long as it is duly signed and stamped by the authorised signatory.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

As mantasingh says so long as the requisite rules have been followed, it doesn't matter whether it's a Word template or professionally printed stationery.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:12 pm

@mantasingh Thanks. The rules don't say the letter has to be stamped, which is why I'm using that. The company doesn't have a stamp, or at least not one that anyone knows of :)

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:18 pm

The stamp need not be the actual rubber stamp.

I sent my employment proof as a letter which was printed out of word doc.
At bottom, it has all the details of the person who is signing it and then there was a place where that person signed. like below.

Thanks

Signature

Name
Designation
Company Name
Contact number
Email Id