ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of income for work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ubiquitous

Evidence of income for work permit

Post by ubiquitous » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi there... I've been doing a bit of reading and it has been quite invaluable, but there's a question I have that doesn't seem to be covered (apologies if it has).

The guide for SET(O) seems to suggest that you only need to provide the most recent payslip and the most recent bank statement prior to application. There is no mention of having to prove a certain income over the last 12 months or 5 years (P60s etc). I completely understand that in terms of evidence, the more the better, but is it actually a requirement and do they usually reject an application on that basis?

I also understand that it is at the discretion of the case worker to ask for more information, but how common is it for them to ask for more than what the guide suggests? If common, why don't they just request it in the guide in the first place? :?:

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 am

Don't mean to bump just for the sake of it but I'd really appreciate an answer on specifically what they need.

aanu23
Newly Registered

Post by aanu23 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

HI,

I had my ILR done last week and I had attached 3 months pay slips, 3 months bank statement and last year p60 with my application.

Tough the guidance suggest only the recent pay slip and bank statement and does not mention P60, it is always advisable to carry as many as documents in case you are appearing at PEO.

I hope this helps.

thanks,
Anu

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Anu,

Thanks for your reply. Has your ILR been approved yet, or did you just submit it last week? I'm a bit concerned because my salary for other years is below the SOC code recommendation but my current salary for this year is higher. I'm hoping that they won't need to check my P60s, only my recent payslips. So I'm wondering if they always require P60s.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi,

On the UKBA website it say wp holders to provide most recent payslip. I provided 3 months worth of payslips and bk statements. in fact the case worker asked me to provide these, you should be fine if you do so.

Dont worry if your salary was less that SOC code in the past, as long as you are paid the right amount now and your payslip agrees, you will be fine. Good luck

aanu23
Newly Registered

Post by aanu23 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR last month as I had taken PEO appointment. You should be fine as you are currently getting a higher salary than one mention in the COS.

thanks,
Anu