ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Advice Required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virpic7
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Advice Required

Post by virpic7 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi

I was granted a Tier 2 General Visa from 15th July 2009 - 25th May 2012. I will be applying for the Tier extension for another 2 years. So the total period for Tier would be 4 Years 10 Months, 12 days. Which means I will fall short of the ILR Period requirement for 5 years. What are the options available? Would I need to apply for another extension at the end of 2 years of extension?

Thanks

palaremzi

Re: Tier 2 Extension Advice Required

Post by palaremzi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 am

virpic7 wrote:Hi

I was granted a Tier 2 General Visa from 15th July 2009 - 25th May 2012. I will be applying for the Tier extension for another 2 years. So the total period for Tier would be 4 Years 10 Months, 12 days. Which means I will fall short of the ILR Period requirement for 5 years. What are the options available? Would I need to apply for another extension at the end of 2 years of extension?

Thanks
This is strange. They should have given you 3 yrs, instead gave you 2 yrs and 10 months. You may want to apply in person and point this out to the case worker, so that he/she gives you 2 yrs and 2 months (instead of just 2 yrs).