ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udaythota
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR

Post by udaythota » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi,
This could be a repetitive question .

Im planning to apply for ILR in 1st week of june'12 via premium appointment. Do I need to apply for dependent ILR(wife) at the same time
or
can I apply at later stage.If yes, do I have any timelines as we are travelling out of country in July .We will be on different visa status and not sure if this will cause any immigration issue.

PS:She was with me in UK for more than 2 yrs.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 pm

She can apply with you if she has spent at least 2 years with you. Again the rules are different for all categories and you didn’t mention under what category you are applying.

udaythota
Newly Registered

Post by udaythota » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

not exactly sure on the category,however

im on tier 1 visa general and planning to apply using SET(O) form.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:58 pm

That’s no problem. You can both apply for ILR at the same time using form SET(O).

udaythota
Newly Registered

Post by udaythota » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

is it alright if I apply the dependent's ILR later?

I have significant gap(>90) days in the last 5 yrs and am taking a chance by applying for ilr myself (by providing reasons of absence)
So,if i get the ILR ,my dependent's visa status will be still "Tier 1 general dependant" .is it valid or will it be an immigartion issue especially when we are travelling out of country in july

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Technically your wife’s Tier 1 general dependant visa will no longer be valid once you get your own ILR. I would advise to get your wife’s ILR as well before you leave UK.