ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit for brother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

eea family permit for brother

Post by WANRAWIN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

hi..everyone.
I had done an on-line application to apply for EEA family permit for my brother as my father wants him to come and visit me while he is on school holiday.. He submitted the form and all the documents to UK Visa Application Centre Bangkok . They told him that he should not apply through EEA route as his brother in law < EEA national > had not been in Thailand long enough..
They advice my brother that he should change the EEA form to visit visa. My question is , is it the correct advice ?
this is the situation
-me and my partner ahave been together for over 5 years and he knows all my family since the first day we got together
-my partner was in Thailand and had visit my family for about 3 times , 10 days on each visit
-My father is getting more and more worry about my health issue after we discover that i have luekemia...he cannot come over so he wants to send my brother over here to be with me and help me with the children

Is this enough for my brother to apply via EEA family permit to come and visit me for a month?

although my brother had already submitted the visit visa and paid the fee,there is nothing we can do isn't it?

will be really appreciate for all the advice

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

How is your brother dependant on your partner? Is your partner an EEA national (other than a UK citizen)?

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Re: eea family permit for brother

Post by WANRAWIN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

we have been paying for his school fees in the last 4 years since my dad retired,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

That's not dependence. He should have applied for a UK visit visa.