ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Processing Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chinahand46

Spouse Visa Processing Time

Post by Chinahand46 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Well the good news is that my wife (chinese) passed her English Speaking & Listening Test with flying colours and we expect to receive her certificate in about 2 weeks.

In anticipation that there will be no problems with her application we are now trying to plan a date when we can ship all our household effects to the UK.

As the shipping agent needs 1 month's notice to pack everything and it will then take approximately 6 weeks to ship to the UK we really need to be thinking about this now but the big unknown quantity is how long it will take for the UKBA to process her application after we submit it here in China.

We hear differing reports ranging from 3 weeks to 3 months but does anyone have any more accurate information.

Many thanks,

proxybilli
Newly Registered

Post by proxybilli » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Chinahand46

Post by Chinahand46 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks for that link proxybilli. It looks as though it can indeed be anthing between 3 weeks and 3 months which does not help me much.

Chinahand46

Post by Chinahand46 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am

Great News. We received my wife's UK Entry Visa today so all systems are go for the big move. It only took 5 weeks from the date we submitted the application though the 4 inches of supporting documents I submitted with it may have had something to do with that.

Thanks for all the help we received here and good luck to all those who are applying for a visa for their wife/husband.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:30 am

Chinahand46 wrote:Great News. We received my wife's UK Entry Visa today so all systems are go for the big move. It only took 5 weeks from the date we submitted the application though the 4 inches of supporting documents I submitted with it may have had something to do with that.

Thanks for all the help we received here and good luck to all those who are applying for a visa for their wife/husband.
Congratulations Trevor.... All the best for the move to the UK
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank