ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How soon can I apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avijendr

How soon can I apply for ILR?

Post by avijendr » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Experts,

I came to this country on 23-August-2007 on Workpermit Valid from 03-July-2007. Now I am on a Tier-1 visa valid until 2013.

How soon can I apply for ILR? Some people say I can apply 28 days before my start date of my First Visa, so in my case 28 days before 3-July which is 28th May.

Is this correct? If not please let me know how soon can I apply.

Best Regards
Aneesh[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Your five year residence period concludes 23 August and you can apply 28 days before this date.

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks.
Lucapooka wrote:Your five year residence period concludes 23 August and you can apply 28 days before this date.

melimango

Post by melimango » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

I called recently and they said if your entry clearance (visa start date) is within 3 months of when you arrived you can apply 28 days before the start of the visa.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm

melimango your question is bit confusing and conflicting.

Workpermit and Entry clearance are both entirely different.

You mentioned your Work Permit was valid from 3 July 2007. If the work permit was valid from above mentioned date then what date your Entry Clearance was valid from / issue date?

If you entered within 90 days of valid from date of entry clearance "not work permit valid from date" than you are eligible to apply before 28 days of 5th annivarsary of entry clearance valid from date.

I hope it makes sense.

melimango

Post by melimango » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi, I didn't post a question in this thread.

My permit started 1 June 2007 and I arrived on the 2nd, so it's only a one day difference for me. I was just letting the original poster know that when I called UKBA they said you can count the 5 years - 28 days from the entry clearance, not the day you entered the UK if the entry clearance is within 3 months of the day you entered. That's guidance that's changed in the past year or so.

avijendr

So did you apply?

Post by avijendr » Wed May 09, 2012 8:04 pm

melimango wrote:I called recently and they said if your entry clearance (visa start date) is within 3 months of when you arrived you can apply 28 days before the start of the visa.
Thanks melimango. So did you apply for the ILR (28 days before visa start date)? I am curios because it's a bit contradicting from what is there in the UKBA website. Please let me know.

Thanks
Aneesh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 09, 2012 8:14 pm

If you have switched category, you can't make use of the delayed entry concession that has been cited. If you have leave that extends beyond the five year residence period (enabling you to complete five years), you can't make use of the delayed entry concession that has been cited.

You, in your situation, have to apply no earlier than 28 days before the fifth anniversary of the date of you arrival.
Lucapooka wrote:Your five year residence period concludes 23 August and you can apply 28 days before this date.

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Wed May 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks Lucapooka.

Regards
Aneesh

london_prem

Re: How soon can I apply for ILR?

Post by london_prem » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Lucapooka, you said:

If you have leave that extends beyond the five year residence period (enabling you to complete five years), you can't make use of the delayed entry concession that has been cited.

is this really true?

rajb1
Newly Registered

Post by rajb1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello everyone,

My Tier 1 visa expires on 24th Nov 2014 and I need to book my ILR. I have registered to the website for premium service and when I try to book the appointment I am getting dates as early as 13th Oct which is way earlier than 28 days before it expires. Can I go ahead and book this for 13th Oct or should I wait till 26th Oct when the 28th days start.

Thanks,

Raj.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 pm

rajb1 wrote:Hello everyone,

My Tier 1 visa expires on 24th Nov 2014 and I need to book my ILR. I have registered to the website for premium service and when I try to book the appointment I am getting dates as early as 13th Oct which is way earlier than 28 days before it expires. Can I go ahead and book this for 13th Oct or should I wait till 26th Oct when the 28th days start.

Thanks,

Raj.

First of all make sure that 28 days before from your 5 years period and then book an appointment with PEO.
(At least it should be 4 years, 11 months and 2 days)