ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rubbed a prev employer on the wrong side- trouble in extn?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arnie365

Rubbed a prev employer on the wrong side- trouble in extn?

Post by arnie365 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:06 am

I had a tiff with a previous employer last yr :P . But have got all my payslips in order-stamped and signed.
1.) does ukba call up prev employers for any background check?
2.)if ukba does call up will, will that employer mess my case for Tier1 extension?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Rubbed a prev employer on the wrong side- trouble in ext

Post by ScopeD » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:20 am

arnie365 wrote:I had a tiff with a previous employer last yr :P . But have got all my payslips in order-stamped and signed.
1.) does ukba call up prev employers for any background check?
2.)if ukba does call up will, will that employer mess my case for Tier1 extension?
Points are scored on the basis of "Past Earnings", not on the basis of "tiffs" with employers. If you have all your payslips and all your secondary pieces of evidence, that is all they require. If they decide to verify your earnings with your past employer, the verification will seek to obtain information in support of your past earnings claim, and the "tiff" should not deter them from granting you points.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Make Sure you have P60 or p45 from your previous employer which is the proof of your earnings and tax paid for the same . So any tiff would not be a problem.

arnie365

Post by arnie365 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks Guys!

BTW, are p60,p45 not the property of the employee/hmrc? How could they withhold those legally?

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Mu understanding is, you can only get a P60 if you have worked till last day of financial year i.e. 3rd April otherwise you will not be issued P60.

You should get a P45 when you left the job but i don't think this is a requirement but might help as a supporting document.

You can call HMRC tax office and ask for proof of tax paid during your previous employment and you might send as a supporting document.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice