ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i claim income support will it affect my husband getting ind

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kijy123
Newly Registered

i claim income support will it affect my husband getting ind

Post by kijy123 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:29 pm

i am claiming income support and my husband works less than 16 hours we need to apply for his indefinate leave next year in january but we are hoping to be working full time by then.
will me getting income support now affect him getting his indefinate leave in january

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:54 pm

have you declared your husband's income when claiming income support?

kijy123
Newly Registered

Post by kijy123 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

yes i have

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 05, 2012 4:36 pm

The instructions given to UKBA staff dealing with SET(M) applications for ILR say that they should not refuse an application merely because of financial issues.
John

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Assuming you (as a benefit claimant) has already an ILR or UK passport living here and it is only your husband who is planning to apply when he becomes eligible for ILR in January.

Your husbands income doesn't matter for SET(M). They may make additional queries if he had worked before on a fulltime payroll. Just for info, after your husband gets an ILR, he will also be entitled to claim income support...Best wishes and good luck.