ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arjun_wp

ILR - Work permit

Post by arjun_wp » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi,
I have to apply for ILR in June under work permit category, last monday my company HR applied work permit technical change form as my office relocate to new place.
Can any one please advice how long does this take in home office, and what happened if my company could not get the technical change done in my work permit, will this affect my ILR?

Many thanks in advance.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 am

arjun_wp I had my technical change done back in January 2010, my company changed the company name and also relocated to a new business premises.

We submitted technical change after 6 months of moving to new location. All in all it took 4 to 5 weeks to process the technical change.

If your salary and job description has not changed then technical change will be authorized. Good luck.

arjun_wp

Post by arjun_wp » Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi scrapper,
Thanks for the reply. But it is more than a month now, and I have not got the technical change confirmation. I am going to apply ILR in the first week of June at Croydon.

Can anyone please advice me what if i have not received the technical change confirmation from home office and applied ILR?

I discussed with my HR and he suggested me to include me a cover letter stating that it is still in progress and mentioned the reference number and sent date of technical change form, but i am not sure whether it will work or not?

I only fear if home office takes money first and later reject my application on the ground of technical change?

I am stress out, can any one please guide me what to do?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 pm

If your current leave is not due to expire soon, no harm in deferring the application until this is sorted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

arjun_wp

Post by arjun_wp » Mon May 14, 2012 6:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If your current leave is not due to expire soon, no harm in deferring the application until this is sorted.
Hi Sushdmehta,
Thanks for the reply. Today I chased my HR regarding the technical change form, and its come surprise to me he has not done sent the change form. I requested my MD to look into this matter and finally he sent change form today.
Today I also spoke to 3 Home office staffs over phone and two of them told me that in the worst case my ILR application wont be rejected but delayed till further information provided, however another person told me it wont affect my application as the change form already sent today and my appointment is in 3 weeks from now. I asked her for confirmation via email but she refused me. She told me send email for written confirmation. And on their website i could not find the home office email id.

Can you or anyone know what is the email id of home office so that i can get confirmation writing as well?

Once again thanks for helping me?

arjun_wp

Section 5 of SET(O)

Post by arjun_wp » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Friends,
I am on work permit and my SOC code is 2123, and in the section 5 of SET(O) form, page-11, what to fill in the followings:

1. Current rate of pay(as stated in the Codes of Practice-hourly rate or annual salary)---per hour It will be mine or as mentioned in the SOC code which is £16.27 per hour, i dont earn £16.27 per hour.

2. Same as above and in annual, which will be mine or as per SOC code

3. Number of hours this salary is based on..(which salary mine or SOC code,...and it is per day hour.

4. Weekly hours...mine is 37.5 hours.

Can anyone please advice me on this, my salary is already mentioned in the employer letter

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:33 pm

If your salary is lower than the appropriate rate mentioned in the COP, then your settlement application will be refused (134).

Check with your employer if he can increase your salary to the appropriate rate (if not more) before you apply for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

arjun_wp

Post by arjun_wp » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,
Thanks for the reply. Under 2123 SOC code, graduate engineer salary is £23,000 and others are £16.26 per hour.
Last december one of my colleague who was also on same salary (£27,000) as Electrical Engineer got ILR and left the company. I am not sure what he filled in the section 5 and also i am not in touch with him as he left the company straight away after got ILR.

I am on old sytle work permit not on PBS work permit, does the salary mentioned in the SOC code not eligible to me ?

Can you or anyone please advice me what to do, as I have PEO appointment next week, also my HR had sent the technical change form, 5 weeks back ,regarding relocation of my office and we are still waiting for home office confimation, I do nt have much time left in my ILR...please any one advise me what to do...i have wasted so many years of my life to get ILR and now i think it is not possible..

ron17
Newly Registered

Re: Section 5 of SET(O)

Post by ron17 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 pm

arjun_wp wrote:Hi Friends,
I am on work permit and my SOC code is 2123, and in the section 5 of SET(O) form, page-11, what to fill in the followings:

1. Current rate of pay(as stated in the Codes of Practice-hourly rate or annual salary)---per hour It will be mine or as mentioned in the SOC code which is £16.27 per hour, i dont earn £16.27 per hour.

2. Same as above and in annual, which will be mine or as per SOC code

3. Number of hours this salary is based on..(which salary mine or SOC code,...and it is per day hour.

4. Weekly hours...mine is 37.5 hours.

Can anyone please advice me on this, my salary is already mentioned in the employer letter
I have the same question and I have just contacted UKBA. Here what the advisor told me

1.) hourly rate as per the SOC, so it will be 16.27 in your case

2.) annual rate based on your contract hour, so it should be 31726.50 (16.27 * 37.5 * 52)

3.) 1950 (37.5 * 52)

4.) 37.5

Hope this helps!

arjun_wp

Re: Section 5 of SET(O)

Post by arjun_wp » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Ron17,
Thanks for the reply.
Under 2123 SOC code, they have only mentioned two salaries...one annually and other per hour; Graduate engineer salary is £23,000 and others £16.26 per hour, which is not clear what others mean...

For example, If a fresher takes up job under 2123, on 23K and after year if he moves into new company, I am pretty sure he can not get £16.27 per hour....?

I think I should consider minimum salary as £23,000 not £ 16.27 per hour.

Once again many thanks for clarification.

Best Regards,

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:50 pm

arjun_wp wrote: I am on old sytle work permit not on PBS work permit, does the salary mentioned in the SOC code not eligible to me ?
Just to answer the above query; SOC codes apply to both those applying with old style Work Permits and those who are on Tier 2.