ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

roller coaster ride of eea 2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markyk
Newly Registered
India

roller coaster ride of eea 2 application

Post by markyk » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm

first royal mail said that they lost my documents dated on 12 march containing my eea1 and 2 application, so finally after applying for my new indian passport , i just called ukba on 17 april and the lady told there is an apllication under my name but with a diffrent reference number of royal mail , i got confused and called them again and it was same..
the royal mail said that the package might have been damaged and was put in a new package with a new number and they notified ukba as well for the same.. now did i pay to royal mail or ukba ,, and the most important concern is now i dont know if my passport is still there with them and if yes what should i do of the new one that i would get,,,
plz help anyone plz plz

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Did you send your documents by recorded or other secure delivery method? Do you have the reference number?

If it's delivered safe and sound to UKBA and they lose the passport it's UKBA's fault. If the Royal Mail lost the package, it's the Royal Mail's fault.

reda
Member of Standing

Re: roller coaster ride of eea 2 application

Post by reda » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:08 pm

markyk wrote:first royal mail said that they lost my documents dated on 12 march containing my eea1 and 2 application, so finally after applying for my new indian passport , i just called ukba on 17 april and the lady told there is an apllication under my name but with a diffrent reference number of royal mail , i got confused and called them again and it was same..
the royal mail said that the package might have been damaged and was put in a new package with a new number and they notified ukba as well for the same.. now did i pay to royal mail or ukba ,, and the most important concern is now i dont know if my passport is still there with them and if yes what should i do of the new one that i would get,,,
plz help anyone plz plz
step by step don't build your conclusion from probability
call the HO, explain your situation and ask about your old passport if is with them.