ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application returned

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Application returned

Post by giblet » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:53 pm

I submitted my application on Sept 6, and it was received on Sept 8. Apparently my credit card was declined because my bank thought it might be a fraudulent charge.

The HSMP didn't notify me so I could contact my bank, but instead sent my application back to me. What was interesting was that they included my pre-paid, pre-filled out courier envelope rather than using it. They sent it regular mail to the US. Additionally, they did not send it to the address I asked that my application be returned to. It appears that they just don't read anything at all.

I'm posting this just to show the state of my application when it was returned. I took this picture before opening the package because it was so ridiculous--it was seriously filled with holes and all taped up and nearly falling out of the envelope. I thought you guys might find it amusing as well. I've submitted it again today, so wish me luck!

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 pm

oh that's terrible, I had called credit card company and told them that there will be some charges from UK. CC from US are very strict about charges from overseas. Specially if you have never charged anything from overseas on that card

Good Luck!

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 pm

I actually had called my card company, but apparently they didn't actually put a note in the account.

What was so ridiculous is that I've been in Europe for the past two weeks, so all of my charges were from outside of the US. Of course the only one that was declined was my application!