ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Ability Proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

English Language Ability Proof

Post by 2013 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:57 pm

MY ILR is due next year. I came through work permit in 2008 and continuing through extension process in TIER2(ICT) category.

My query is : Do I need to demonstrate english language ability proof for myself and for my spouse at the time of ILR?

cheers

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

You will have to sit a life in the uk test which covers both your knowledge of life in the uk as well as demonstrates you meet the minimum language requirements

Post by 2013 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Many Thanks for your reply.

It is a great news for me.

one more clarification required. I am engineering graduate from one of leading university of India. Do I need to certify my degree from NARIC?

Or it is not required.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 pm

2013 wrote: one more clarification required. I am engineering graduate from one of leading university of India. Do I need to certify my degree from NARIC?
If the qualifications is available on Point Based System calculator then it is OK. If not, then you need NARIC letter.
The question is... to be or not to be....