ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Sponsorship Declaration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Regarding Sponsorship Declaration

Post by NemesisDude » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I am planning to sponsor my parents to visit me in UK. Could I get sample letter and Sponsorship Declaration template? (Is the one provided as STICKY still valid?)

I am very confused on one point - does the documents (letter/declaration) needs to be certified by solicitor (It says NO on this forum but I have read on other places where it says that such certification is needed).

Also could I show hotel booking as accommodation proof. (I live in shared accommodation and hence hotel booking is preferred).

I am into full time employment and have decent salary.

Appreciate your comments.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 pm

The letter format in sticky works fine. My friend has used the same letter format and his parents visa was granted. He never went to any solicitor to certify/verify the letter contents.

Regarding the second part of question, You can show hotel booking as proof of accomodation. It is however, advised that once your parents arrive here in UK they first go to hotel, check in, and then move anywhere else, like any of your friends's house.

If some of your friend accomodate them, you just need a letter from estate agent/solicitor confirming the space available in your friends house, and that will solve the purpose.
The question is... to be or not to be....

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Post by NemesisDude » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 am

Thank you