ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant Cohab number of documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjana

ILR dependant Cohab number of documents

Post by sanjana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi guys,
Great to see the help offered by so many people here. This forum has always helped me to find quick answers for past 7-8 years. Many thanks to all those who take time to answer queries.

I am eligible to apply for ILR in August this year through ( HSMP 2yrs + Tier1 3 yrs), i have read the stickys on dpendant cohab documents. Could some one please clarify how many documents (from different sources )are needed for this ? Also what happens to some documents which show maiden name ? ( I have original marriage certificate from india which showes married name as well as maiden name )

For This currently i have these documents showing my spuse's name on it 1)my Current account statements since 2008 ( i do have these since 2005 2) Bank B savings account statement of 2009 one copy and 2011 one copy 2) letter of appt from hospital 2011 x 3 different letters 3) govt gateway communication 2009 4) council tax letter for this year ( As previous statements just have my name on it ) 5) My spouses driving licence 6) British gas bill from this year 7) Tenancy agreement from this year

I will will be extremelly greatful if some one could guide me. Many thanks

San

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Although you only need to show last two years cohabitation documents, You seems OK with the mentioned documents.
The question is... to be or not to be....

sanjana

Post by sanjana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks zahid for lightening fast reply. What about those documents on maidene name ?

San

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 pm

sanjana wrote:What about those documents on maidene name ?

San
The cohibitation requirment is set to proof that both you and your hubby are living under one roof. :)

So for that, you need to proof that your hubby have the same address for the past two years as of you. Both of you might have changed 12 difference addresses. However, for all the previous addresses you must show that both of you remained under one roof.

The proof of cohabitation documents could be in your name, your hubby's name or both of your's name. But the address should be same.

Now for the maiden part of it...if you were living with the same person before official marriage is conducted even those documents will be OK. Rule will remain same...one roof for both of your. Although UKBA will only consider the documents that are after your official marriage date or since the day spouse or dependant visa is issued.

I hope it is clear now...
The question is... to be or not to be....