ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SECTION 6 incorrectly filled in

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

ILR SECTION 6 incorrectly filled in

Post by Snaaz82 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi all,

I recently visited the Croydon PEO for my ILR application as tier 2 migrant on the 25th of April. There were IT issues - have read a lot about these lately - and I left my documents with the caseworker after having my biometrics taken.

Only problem is I discovered afterwards that in section 6 under 'your first entry' I put down September 2000. It should be march 2007 as that's when my work permit started ( I switched to tier 2 for a different company on August 2009).

I have been in the UK since 2000 as a student before employment and this is the date I put down in section 6.1. Stupid thing to do I know but I'm now worried that it will invalidate my application.

I have listed my absences since 2000 chronologically and if the caseworker looks properly he/she will know that in the 5 years (7th march 2007 - 6th march 2012) I have everything in order .... Under 180 days absence etc. but question Is will they look?

Can someone shed some light on the situation.

Thank you!

selva

Re: ILR SECTION 6 incorrectly filled in

Post by selva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

Snaaz82 wrote:Hi all,

I recently visited the Croydon PEO for my ILR application as tier 2 migrant on the 25th of April. There were IT issues - have read a lot about these lately - and I left my documents with the caseworker after having my biometrics taken.

Only problem is I discovered afterwards that in section 6 under 'your first entry' I put down September 2000. It should be march 2007 as that's when my work permit started ( I switched to tier 2 for a different company on August 2009).

I have been in the UK since 2000 as a student before employment and this is the date I put down in section 6.1. Stupid thing to do I know but I'm now worried that it will invalidate my application.

I have listed my absences since 2000 chronologically and if the caseworker looks properly he/she will know that in the 5 years (7th march 2007 - 6th march 2012) I have everything in order .... Under 180 days absence etc. but question Is will they look?

Can someone shed some light on the situation.

Thank you!
why dont you send a letter to home office explaining this?

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Post by Snaaz82 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Selva,

Because this isn't a postal application. As far as I'm aware unless the HO request for additional info/documents there's no point sending it in.

You're told to send in everything to the Liverpool address and by the time its re-routed to Croydon the decision will probably have been made.

I guess I'm really asking the question to understand what I can expect because of this silly error.

Thanks.

selva

Post by selva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Snaaz82 wrote:Hi Selva,

Because this isn't a postal application. As far as I'm aware unless the HO request for additional info/documents there's no point sending it in.

You're told to send in everything to the Liverpool address and by the time its re-routed to Croydon the decision will probably have been made.

I guess I'm really asking the question to understand what I can expect because of this silly error.

Thanks.
I think you should be OK. you did not deceive anything and also that question is not very clear. I hope case worker would spot this and you will be OK.

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Post by Snaaz82 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 pm

I certainly hope so.

I feel like I've been cheated of £1377... They took the payment and then said they couldnt do a same day decision as the system was down.

Ofcourse if it was face to face this wouldn't be an issue as I could rectify the situation immediately.

Anyway thank you for answering!