ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Consent for Accompanying the Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

santhub4u
Newly Registered

Letter of Consent for Accompanying the Child

Post by santhub4u » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Everyone,

My 15months daughter who is in India has got her dependant visa, while filling her online application, we have included father and mother names as the persons who will be accompnaying the child to UK, but now due to some reasons we will not be accompanying the child, instead her Grand parents will be accompanying her, when contacted the VFS in India they advised to provide an Authorisation letter to the Grand parents to accompnay the child.

Has anyone faced this situation? did you had any problems with the immigration? can anyone please provide a sample letter?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Santosh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:55 am

I don't think this a UK immigration issue. She has her visa and will be allowed to enter the UK on that basis. Some countries, however, will not permit a minor to leave without permission from both parents

santhub4u
Newly Registered

Post by santhub4u » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks Lucapooka, since the details of the people who will accompanying the child were asked in the application I was bit concerned, on her Visa ther was nothing specified with regards to the accompanying person but my name was printed as Tier 1 (General) child of xxxx, but I will be not accompanying her, therefore I thought we may need to provide any letter and also VFS has suggested it.

Regards
Santosh

pennylessinindia

Re: Letter of Consent for Accompanying the Child

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 pm

santhub4u wrote:Hi Everyone,

My 15months daughter who is in India has got her dependant visa, while filling her online application, we have included father and mother names as the persons who will be accompnaying the child to UK, but now due to some reasons we will not be accompanying the child, instead her Grand parents will be accompanying her, when contacted the VFS in India they advised to provide an Authorisation letter to the Grand parents to accompnay the child.

Has anyone faced this situation? did you had any problems with the immigration? can anyone please provide a sample letter?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Santosh
If you are not travelling with your child I would be very sensible to give the grandparents a letter stating that you had anticipated travelling with your child but now will not be doing so because ..... and that Mr and Mrs .... will be bringing your child to the UK. Put contact details on the letter so if there are any concerns they can contact you when the child arrives at the airport.

Usually when a child travels without its parents and applies for a visa in India they ask for a letter of consent from the parents so that is the letter VFS refer to.
pennyless

santhub4u
Newly Registered

Post by santhub4u » Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks Pennyless, actually I have got two different answers from VFS.

VFS Chennai - They said the adults mentioned in the application must accompnay the child if it is a "Child Visitor" visa which in our case is not, as ours is dependant visa, therefore they have suggested to have an authorisation letter would be enough to show at the border.

VFS Delhi - They said we have to make a fresh application in order to nominate a new person to accompnay the child.

I don't understand why we have to make a fresh application just to nominate a new person when we have already got the Visa which will cost us another Rs65000.

Thanks
Santosh