ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help with tier 1 G extension form question please :)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vic2009
Newly Registered

need help with tier 1 G extension form question please :)

Post by vic2009 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi,
I have just filled my application form for my tier 1 G extension.And there are some questions I’m not sure.Hope anyone can give me some help:)

B5. Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad? Y/N
I can not remember whether I had my finger scanned last time .It was almost 3 years ago ,and it was my first time apply Tier 1 G.
So if I choose NO ,will I get any troubles?

B11. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):
B14. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):
I don't remember I have those 2 number too.Can I leave blank?

B27. Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list (if applicable):
I’m a game artist ,so what should I choose?media and sports occupations?

G1. Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points claimed by the applicant on the
basis of his/her age at the date of application for the first grant of leave in the category.
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1
(General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted
leave in any categories other than these since 6 April 2010
Under 28 years of age 20 points
28 or 29 years of age 10 points
30 or 31 years of age 5 points
I was 26 when I applied tier 1 g first time .So I should tick under 28 ?( I’m 28 now )

H4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting
evidence of the qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should
refer to the Tier 1 (General) Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which
documents other that the original certificates of award will be accepted.)
Original certificate of award
Original academic reference from awarding
body and Original academic transcript
Original academic reference alone
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application
Which should I choose Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application or Original certificate of award?or both?

SECTION 7 - SUMMARY SHEET
Points Scoring Area Points Claimed Documents Provided (please list)
Previous earnings
UK experience
English Language
Requirement
Maintenance
Total
what document I need prepare for UK experience?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: need help with tier 1 G extension form question please :

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Replies in dark blue
vic2009 wrote:Hi,
I have just filled my application form for my tier 1 G extension.And there are some questions I’m not sure.Hope anyone can give me some help:)

B5. Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad? Y/N
I can not remember whether I had my finger scanned last time .It was almost 3 years ago ,and it was my first time apply Tier 1 G.

The answer is choose NO, biometrics was not applicable during your initial Tier 1
You can leave them blank. Many have done so and have got their visa approved
B27. Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list (if applicable):
Not entirely sure, but Media and Sports seems right
G1. Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points claimed by the applicant on the
basis of his/her age at the date of application for the first grant of leave in the category.
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1
(General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted
I was 26 when I applied tier 1 g first time .So I should tick under 28 ?( I’m 28 now )
Yes, as you need to claim age points as per your initial application
H4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting
evidence of the qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should
refer to the Tier 1 (General) Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application
Which should I choose Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application or Original certificate of award?or both?
Many applicants have sent their document again. However as it is not required many have chosen 'Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application' and not sent their certificate. I personally feel its not necessary as more the documents it can becomes a liability for UKBA to verify all documents, other may differ on my opinion
Previous earnings
UK experience
English Language
Requirement
Maintenance
Total
Your previous earning is your UK experience, provided you are claiming previous earnings for the work done in the UK only

vic2009
Newly Registered

Re: need help with tier 1 G extension form question please :

Post by vic2009 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:45 pm

silent_warrior wrote:Replies in dark blue
vic2009 wrote:Hi,

The answer is choose NO, biometrics was not applicable during your initial Tier 1
You can leave them blank. Many have done so and have got their visa approved
Not entirely sure, but Media and Sports seems right
Yes, as you need to claim age points as per your initial application
Many applicants have sent their document again. However as it is not required many have chosen 'Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application' and not sent their certificate. I personally feel its not necessary as more the documents it can becomes a liability for UKBA to verify all documents, other may differ on my opinion
Previous earnings
UK experience
English Language
Requirement
Maintenance
Total
Your previous earning is your UK experience, provided you are claiming previous earnings for the work done in the UK only
fantastic .Thanks silent_warrior :D