ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Guidance Notes Clarification - 'No early than one cal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonelyuk
Newly Registered

SET(O) Guidance Notes Clarification - 'No early than one cal

Post by lonelyuk » Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi guys,

What exactly does this mean, seems a bit bizarre to me if say you using 12 months of bank statements as earning proof, how could they all not be more than one calendar month old??

'Personal bank or building society statement: This
must be the most recent statement dated no earlier
than one calendar month before the date of the application.'

Also, if i were to apply in May 2012(after 5 years qualifying time), and have enough earning points covering May 2011 to April 2012. However if i wasn't employed for May 2010 to April 2011, is this going to affect the application? i.e. basically un-employed 1 year out of the 5 years.

Thanks for your inputs.

lonelyuk
Newly Registered

Post by lonelyuk » Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am

Can someone pls help to clarify? I am sure this applies to anyone who's using 12 months bank statements as proof of salary? :)

krthk.s

Re: SET(O) Guidance Notes Clarification - 'No early than one

Post by krthk.s » Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am

lonelyuk wrote:Hi guys,

What exactly does this mean, seems a bit bizarre to me if say you using 12 months of bank statements as earning proof, how could they all not be more than one calendar month old??

'Personal bank or building society statement: This
must be the most recent statement dated no earlier
than one calendar month before the date of the application.'

Also, if i were to apply in May 2012(after 5 years qualifying time), and have enough earning points covering May 2011 to April 2012. However if i wasn't employed for May 2010 to April 2011, is this going to affect the application? i.e. basically un-employed 1 year out of the 5 years.

Thanks for your inputs.
lonelyuk, can you specify what Visa you are on right now?

- The above text (of documents not more than one month old) is specifically for Tier 2 applicants - so as to prove you are still being paid at or above the rate specified in your CoS. So you must provide the most recent pay slip and bank statement (in addition to the other documents for your earnings). If you are on Tier 1, this does not apply to you. You may show any continuous 12 months within the recent 15 month period.

If you were on a Tier 2 during the 1 year unemployment period, this will be in breach of immigration rules as you would not have been paid at the rate specified in your CoS. If you were on Tier 1, it does not matter as long as you can earn enough points for the recent 12 month period.

lonelyuk
Newly Registered

Post by lonelyuk » Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm

OK, many thanks! :)

I was on 2y HSMP + 3y Tier 1.

Re: the guidance was not clear what that section was refering to, or maybe i didn't read it carefully. Many thanks for your detailed and informant reply. :)