ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

szandi1990
Newly Registered

EEA2 application refusal

Post by szandi1990 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 pm

We just made an EEA2 application for my husband to the HO. They have returned the documents that they require more proof of residency in the UK for my husband. That is not a problem, we will send the relevant documents.

However, I am a student, and a full-time worker. I have been in the UK for 3 years, and being a EU resident. Currently started to study at university, but i am still working full-time which I can prove with P60 and payslips, bank statements. HO said they require me to have comprehensive sickness insurance, but I do not even know what that is. I am registered with the NHS for a quite while and even EHIC card I have from UK, not outside the UK. Why should I have insurance if I am already paying National Insurance and Tax?

Please help, what documents should I send.

Best Regards,

szandi1990

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 pm

If you are working full time, you are a worker. To prove that, you need an employment contract or a letter from your employer.

For your husband's application, he needs his passport, your marriage certificate and proof that you qualify for a residence certificate as a worker (ie your employment contract or letter from your employer and either your passport or national ID card).

NOTHING ELSE can be asked for.

CSI is comprehensive sickness insurance and is required of students. You are a worker so don't need that.

Re-apply, clearly stating the basis by which you are applying. State that no additional documentation can be asked for (proof of address, CSI, etc).

spike_UK

Re: EEA2 application refusal

Post by spike_UK » Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 am

szandi1990 wrote:We just made an EEA2 application for my husband to the HO. They have returned the documents that they require more proof of residency in the UK for my husband. That is not a problem, we will send the relevant documents.

However, I am a student, and a full-time worker. I have been in the UK for 3 years, and being a EU resident. Currently started to study at university, but i am still working full-time which I can prove with P60 and payslips, bank statements. HO said they require me to have comprehensive sickness insurance, but I do not even know what that is. I am registered with the NHS for a quite while and even EHIC card I have from UK, not outside the UK. Why should I have insurance if I am already paying National Insurance and Tax?

Please help, what documents should I send.

Best Regards,

szandi1990
Hi, simply because HO presumes that you are a student not a worker who they need CSI,,,,so like EUsmileWEallsmile said, just apply again and clearly prove it you are working,,,you should be fine,,GOOD LUCK
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013