ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time for SET (M) and return of documents?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayang
Newly Registered

Waiting time for SET (M) and return of documents?

Post by ayang » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

Hi all,

I'm sure this is the most common question, but i wanted to see what were the more recent experiences of SET (M) visa application waiting times? We posted our in on the end of March and are still waiting? I know says it can take 6 months but naively some friends of ours got theirs back within a few weeks and thought that it was n;t worth paying the extra premium charges if the wait was the same - little did we know...

Also i needed to request the rerun of my passport (sponsors documents) - i called the 0870 606776 number and unfortunately they say they can't locate my passport and stupidly i threw away the poster reference number thinking it wasn't needed once they had taken the payment and sent a letter saying that they had received it. Anyhow i did speak to someone and they said i would have it back within 20days, I have to have it back for this really important trip, does nay one have experience of this, can expect to get my passport back in time, and is there anything else worth trying to ensure its return?

any advice would be really appreciated, but also very aware that we should have done the checking service or gone premium but always the benefit of hind sight?!:roll:

thanks

Annie

ORafi
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting time for SET (M) and return of documents?

Post by ORafi » Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi there,
you are i are pretty much in a similar situation. a friend of mine got her ILR in 3 weeks so i went ahead and posted my application without doing any research.. (to top it off i made the grave mistake of submitting an outdated form and had to resubmit it!)

aside from kicking myself everyday for not going for the F2F application.. i have been trolling this forum... its now been 10 weeks since i (re)submitted my application.. its a pretty straight forward case (we both work, earn well above min wage, own a house together, husband is a Brit national by birth etc etc)... i really dont know why it is taking them so long to process it!

i think average time (according to the timelines ppl have put on this forum) are 14.5 weeks for Set M. However, if we think about it, there might be many people out there who are actually recieving their passports in 3 or 4 weeks (like our friends!) and so they never posted on this forum. (i never considered posting until i crossed the 8 week mark).

we have a trip planned from the 2nd of June and the stress is unimaginable :(

so here's praying we both get good news soon!
fingers cossed.

tipper27
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting time for SET (M) and return of documents?

Post by tipper27 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:45 pm

ayang wrote:Hi all,

I'm sure this is the most common question, but i wanted to see what were the more recent experiences of SET (M) visa application waiting times? We posted our in on the end of March and are still waiting? I know says it can take 6 months but naively some friends of ours got theirs back within a few weeks and thought that it was n;t worth paying the extra premium charges if the wait was the same - little did we know...

Also i needed to request the rerun of my passport (sponsors documents) - i called the 0870 606776 number and unfortunately they say they can't locate my passport and stupidly i threw away the poster reference number thinking it wasn't needed once they had taken the payment and sent a letter saying that they had received it. Anyhow i did speak to someone and they said i would have it back within 20days, I have to have it back for this really important trip, does nay one have experience of this, can expect to get my passport back in time, and is there anything else worth trying to ensure its return?

any advice would be really appreciated, but also very aware that we should have done the checking service or gone premium but always the benefit of hind sight?!:roll:

thanks

Annie
Hi.. sorry to bother you, but can I just ask you... when they recieved your form, how long before they took payment and send you a letter saying they had recieved your application? I sent mine a week ago and they havn't taken payment yet..