ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-SET(O) at Glasgow PEO - Approved in 5 mins - 2nd May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debz

ILR-SET(O) at Glasgow PEO - Approved in 5 mins - 2nd May

Post by debz » Wed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for being such helpful bunch of people here.. answering others' queries and also sharing own experience.

I had my appointment at Glasgow PEO this morning. I reported at the security 20 mins before my appointment and reported my presence and got a token 10 mins before my appo. Within 5 mins I was called at the counter (i.e. 5 mins before the scheduled appo). I just gave the following documents (I told him I have many more docs in case if he needs he should feel free to ask for the same):

1) Application form + passports
2) Covering letter
3) Docs for past earnings- 10 months payslip + 10 bank statements + letter from employer (8 was enough to get the reqd points but I gave 10).
4) LIUK pass certificate

He said I should be called in abt 15 mins or so, with the decision.. but to my surprise, I was called roughly in 4-5 mins time :roll: He said they have decided to grant me ILR. I said that was quicker than expected. He explained my case had some strong points. He told that they will process the payment from the details in the form and call me for biometrics shortly.

I was already over the moon and didn't bother to keep a tab of how long it took for the biometrics (I guess, it took around 15 mins to be called and maybe 10 mins for capturing the finger prints and the photo). I was called by the caseworker again who returned my passport with a stamp on my existing residence permit and gave me the grant/approval letter and receipt.

Cheers.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Sounds like glasgow is the place to be...congrats

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

congratulations DEBZ, really pleased it all went smoothly for you

gm21

Post by gm21 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm

congratulations DEBZ, really pleased for you.

Can you please elaborate more on the fact that " you had strong point".

Also did you have Tier 1 and hsmp visa ?

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

covering letter

Post by Monasheikh » Thu May 03, 2012 12:35 am

Dear Debz,

Congratulations for ur ILR.

Is it possible you can share what you put in your covering letter?

Did you just list all supporting documents or cover points describing eligibility?

Many thanks
Mona

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2012 12:45 am

Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

palaremzi

Re: ILR-SET(O) at Glasgow PEO - Approved in 5 mins - 2nd May

Post by palaremzi » Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 am

debz wrote:Hi Everybody,
He explained my case had some strong points.
are you a univ. lecturer?

Zebrudaya

Prompt approval of ILR

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Debz congratulations on your success in getting your ILR so fast. This is as it should be. Kindly continue to share other finer details of the documents you submitted so that others can learn from you. Besides, please pray for us who are waiting for our own time. One important point too: the UKBA officer you met knew his job well and did not try to make undue problems to develop.

debz

Post by debz » Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks Everybody..

Apologies for the delay in responding.. I am trying to reply all at one go.. Thus a long one..

I was on HSMP (non-JR) 2 years + Tier1(Gen) 3 years without any dependant. My spouse is on independant visa.

Btw, I am not uni lecturer.. :lol: that would be too serious kind of a job for me..

I applied for an extension in 2009 @ Glasgow PEO (I was based in London those days. My case was decided in 15 mins then) .. I had a very pleasant overall experience for the extension. I was very impressed by the officials there (right from security to caseworkers). I applied for ILR @ Glasgow PEO this time as well.

Initially at the counter, I was asked to submit application form +passport +whatever supporting documents I want them to consider. The docs listed in my first post on this thread are everything that I submitted (I took photocopy of the entire document set but was not taken). To claim overall 75 points, 6 payslips was good enough but I wanted to play safe and submitted 10 payslips. I mentioned to him that I have many more docs with me in case they need. He wanted clarification on something, I told him that this had been explained in the letter from the employer and explained in person as well.

Upon being surprised by the superfast decision, I was told that my case was straight forward and had strong points on past earnings section. I prefer not to discuss that further in a forum as I feel that can be on caseworker’s discretion.

Please note that I explained each section for PBS in separate covering note (with points claimed and the basis of doing so, documents enclosed in that section, etc). I heard it depends on the person at the sift whether to take those cover notes or not but I preferred to go prepared. If preparing for cover note or letter, I would suggest you to make one yourself (I did mine myself) as each case are different.

I was bit worried about the days away from UK as it had some weekly EU business trips too (wondered if they would demand any letter from employer) but just within 180 days limit (incl. vacations/holidays). I decided not to carry any letter from the client as those immigration stamps were on my schengen business visa and thus self-explanatory. It worked out fine. I filled days away from UK in the form and also gave a separate sheet with all travel details and total days away from UK.

Another bit of advice here for the biometric finger prints.. The lady found it difficult to capture my finger prints and asked if I had moisturiser on.. Yes, I had.. So, it’s better to wash your hand and get rid of any greasy stuff from your hand before being called for biometrics..

Before leaving, I was told that I should be expecting my BRP card in 7 working days by courier. If I don't receive it by 10 working days, I should contact back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

debz

Post by debz » Fri May 04, 2012 1:54 pm

In continuation to my previous post..
debz wrote: Before leaving, I was told that I should be expecting my BRP card in 7 working days by courier. If I don't receive it by 10 working days, I should contact back.
I stayed back at home to receive a courier and to my pleasant surprise (few mins ago) I received a different one..

Guess what? It was a courier from Home Office.. My BRP card.. :D I was like ' WOW, this is incredible'.. I told the courier delivery person that I applied in PEO and received the courier within 2 working days from visa approval.. He was surprised too and added that he has delivered one to a lady recently who had been waiting for the card for 9 weeks.. :shock: that's a shocker.. I must thank God for my whole experience.. I swear..

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri May 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Congratulations debz and thanks for sharing your success story.