ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon appointment cancellation mail

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon appointment cancellation mail

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 am

Dear all,

I just received text and mail from UKBA on cancellation of my appointment for SET O with 1 dependant on 15th May at Croydon, due to IT issues . It's beyond my understanding how they can predict IT issues 2 week well in advance.

I appreciate your time and feedback on way forward:-

1. Initial EC- HSMP , May 2007
2. FLR - Tier 1 valid till 29th May , 2012
3. I may get 100 points +20 mandatory points on PBS.

I have following queries to re-schedule appointment. We have travel plans in next 2 months so ideally prefer to avoid by post.

a. I'm unable to get Peo slot before 29th May. Can we both (Mrs & I) book as single applicant on different dates? If Yes, will she able to apply for Set M (she had been in UK from Apr, 2010 w/o break).

b. If NO, will she need to apply through FLR M. I believe that may have impact on our 3 month baby's MN1.

I look forward to your views and past experiences.

Thanks

krthk.s

Re: PEO Croydon appointment cancellation mail

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:Dear all,

I just received text and mail from UKBA on cancellation of my appointment for SET O with 1 dependant on 15th May at Croydon, due to IT issues . It's beyond my understanding how they can predict IT issues 2 week well in advance.

I have following queries to re-schedule appointment. We have travel plans in next 2 months so ideally prefer to avoid by post.

a. I'm unable to get Peo slot before 29th May. Can we both (Mrs & I) book as single applicant on different dates? If Yes, will she able to apply for Set M (she had been in UK from Apr, 2010 w/o break).

b. If NO, will she need to apply through FLR M. I believe that may have impact on our 3 month baby's MN1.

Thanks
I have an appointment at Croydon on 9th May and this IT issue is my worst nightmare.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 5:10 pm

krthk.s wrote:

Thanks
I have an appointment at Croydon on 9th May and this IT issue is my worst nightmare.

Well following links says it all.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/uk/y ... 11397.html

All your best laid plans can go for a toss by incompetency. As stated all afternoon appointments for next weeks have been cancelled.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:
krthk.s wrote:

Thanks

All your best laid plans can go for a toss by incompetency. As stated all afternoon appointments for next weeks have been cancelled.
I have 9.40 appointment, should I count myself lucky then.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 pm

I think they have a huge backlog now with the applications they were not able to proceed recently due to IT issues. They need to cancel all booked appointment to sort out the backlog first.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 5:17 pm

krthk.s wrote:
Clairvoyant wrote:
krthk.s wrote:

Thanks

I have 9.40 appointment, should I count myself lucky then.

I believe so, you should be alright. Good Luck!

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Pray that they sort out the IT ISSUE tonight...
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Iriny_k wrote:I think they have a huge backlog now with the applications they were not able to proceed recently due to IT issues. They need to cancel all booked appointment to sort out the backlog first.
Of course we can't blame case workers. They must be the most stressed souls. It's the management- messed it up as usual with no alternatives. The UKBA lady who said on the article- we can re-book from their site should examine her head first.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 pm

nnj10 wrote:Pray that they sort out the IT ISSUE tonight...
I have had some understanding on the IT service provider there. If you (UKBA) aren't clear on their requirements, we end up like this.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm

looks like it is making headline news everywhere...its on the bbc website too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589 lets hope the media pressure will make UKBA do something about this issue

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Just got a slot in Cardiff on 8th May. Please keep trying for slots. Not sure about midnight though- I reckon we need to monitor on continual basis.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:Just got a slot in Cardiff on 8th May. Please keep trying for slots. Not sure about midnight though- I reckon we need to monitor on continual basis.
Good luck Clairvoyant.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Congratulations for getting appointment sorted.....

Was that just for 1 applicant i.e. You or You + any dependants?
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 6:01 pm

nnj10 wrote:Congratulations for getting appointment sorted.....

Was that just for 1 applicant i.e. You or You + any dependants?
It's two of us. But real work starts now as I need to sort out travel with a baby and documents.

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Thu May 03, 2012 6:04 pm

krthk.s wrote:
Clairvoyant wrote:Just got a slot in Cardiff on 8th May. Please keep trying for slots. Not sure about midnight though- I reckon we need to monitor on continual basis.
Good luck Clairvoyant.
Thanks. It's still early days ;)

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

I have an appointment at Croydon on 9th May and this IT issue is my worst nightmare.[/quote]

i also have an appointment at croydon on 09th, have you received any text or email from PEO?

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 pm

vik_mad wrote:I have an appointment at Croydon on 9th May and this IT issue is my worst nightmare.
i also have an appointment at croydon on 09th, have you received any text or email from PEO?[/quote]

I got my ILR y'day at Cardiff. I did receive call from UKBA Croydon offering slot for this week. But I didn't have any confidence after last week.

Ikes
Newly Registered

Post by Ikes » Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I have an appointment in Croydon tomorrow at 12. Does anyone have any idea whether they're seeing people or not? I've been turned away twice in the last 2 weeks and the imbeciles can't even post an update on their website!

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Ikes wrote:I have an appointment in Croydon tomorrow at 12. Does anyone have any idea whether they're seeing people or not? I've been turned away twice in the last 2 weeks and the imbeciles can't even post an update on their website!
No further updates or negative news on UKBA website or here on forum.
Wish you good luck for tomorrow's appointment.