ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 Extension application questions:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandu_246

TIER1 Extension application questions:

Post by chandu_246 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi All,

I am filling up TIER1 application and I have few questions.It would be of great help, if you can answer it.

1.My AGE at the time of Last TIER1 application was 28 years 7 months 7 days.should I fill in 28 or 29 for AGE?(You might feel silly but I am really not clear on what to put in age column).

2.What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?
Is it the VISA start date?I got letter from Embassy on may8th 2009 but my visa is valid from 1st June.I requested visa validity from June when I lodged application that time.

Regards,
Chandra

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm

you can only say your completed age, hence 28 yrs.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Vignezh,

Thanks..It would be great, if you could answer my second question as well.

Regards,
Chandra
vignezh wrote:you can only say your completed age, hence 28 yrs.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: TIER1 Extension application questions:

Post by silent_warrior » Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

chandu_246 wrote:Hi All,

I am filling up TIER1 application and I have few questions.It would be of great help, if you can answer it.

1.My AGE at the time of Last TIER1 application was 28 years 7 months 7 days.should I fill in 28 or 29 for AGE?(You might feel silly but I am really not clear on what to put in age column).

Is it the VISA start date?I got letter from Embassy on may8th 2009 but my visa is valid from 1st June.I requested visa validity from June when I lodged application that time.

Regards,
Chandra
1. Same age as the points you claimed in your initial Tier 1 application (which is 28 years)
2.Your visa date mentioned on the vignette for your Tier 1 visa. If the visa date on the Vignette show 01-06-2009, then use that dat.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

chandu_246 wrote:Hi Vignezh,

Thanks..It would be great, if you could answer my second question as well.

Regards,
Chandra
vignezh wrote:you can only say your completed age, hence 28 yrs.
I had my doubts regarding your second question, hence didn't answer. Majority of them seem to say that it is the date on your visa is the date you need.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Thu May 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Regards,
Chandra
Q1. Age & Q2. Date

Are you confused which one is relevant and therefore cannot determine the points you score for the various relevant attributes with regards to your leave to remain (extension) application as Tier 1 (General) migrant?

The only date that is of any relevance is the date of application when you applied for either HSMP approval or Tier 1 (General) the very first time (leading to a successful grant of leave with / without an appeal or administrative review).
Why? - Because the immigration rules and policy that you are subject to depends on this date and this date alone, in context of extension application.

Never jump to using the PBS calculator before reading the policy guidance first because more often than not the confusion(s) exist(s) because of ignorance about what the policy guidance says on the issue in question.
1. PBS calculator works on the basis of inputs you provide.
2. To ascertain whether your inputs are accurate, you need to read the policy guidance first.

Hint: Search for the phrase "under the rules in place" in the policy guidance.

Thanks for this information go to our moderator Sushdmehta :)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Response: This will be the age you claimed points for in your first grant of leave in the category. So since you say you were 28, that's what would apply here as well.

Response: If this is the question under section 2, D - Immigration history, then this will be the visa valid from date, i.e. June 1st from what you've mentioned above.

Regards,
Chandra

Bhaskarnu

Post by Bhaskarnu » Fri May 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Answer for Question 2 is the date when ur visa start date is. This has been answered to me by the Case worker during my extension. Confident on this and lock it.

email257525
BANNED

Tier 1 G extention Age points

Post by email257525 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Dear Members

Just want to confirm, Will some one get the same age point on his extention application as he got on his intial Tier 1 application, no matter as he is older than as was on initial application.

Please confirm this

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 G extention Age points

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 pm

email257525 wrote:Dear Members

Just want to confirm, Will some one get the same age point on his extention application as he got on his intial Tier 1 application, no matter as he is older than as was on initial application.

Please confirm this
Yes, he will.