ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO followed by Postal Application -URGENT HELP REQD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Veetee
Newly Registered

PEO followed by Postal Application -URGENT HELP REQD

Post by Veetee » Thu May 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi
I have submitted my application on March 26th 2012 and received acknowledgement on 31st march 2012, still haven’t heard anything from UKBA.
Now I want to make urgent travel, would it be possible to contact UKBA and book an appointment at any PEO and progress the application further.
Please give me some guidance,
Thanks in advance

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I think you will have to withdraw your postal application and you will lose the fee as well. Then you can make a fresh application at any of the PEOs.

That’s why I strongly suggest applying at PEO (if your case is straight forward) as it’s taking a long time for postal applications these days.

Although you pay £ 386 more for a single PEO application but it’s really worth it.

Veetee
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Veetee » Thu May 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks Linkers

My visa ran out last week of April so i am thinking about the complexity of withdrawing the application.
Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 pm

If your visa has already run out then under no circumstances, I will suggest you to withdraw your application. You will make things more complicated for you by doing this.

All I can suggest is that you will have to wait for UKBA to approve your application and send you everything back in the post.

Veetee
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Veetee » Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Linkers

Seems no options available, have been to Home Office in Croydon today and was told by the security that i have to wait.

Thanks

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by Snaaz82 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 pm

This is really odd VeeTee... they let me in yesterday.

If you haven't already read my post find it here - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#638017

If it helps the security manager, Jane, was the one who let me in. Maybe you could ask to speak with her as she arranged me to go to the 2nd floor without any trouble at all.