ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fundamental Questions.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agesteven
Newly Registered

Fundamental Questions.

Post by agesteven » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

I have been living/working in the UK since August 2008 with 3 dependant relatives and have to renew (just have 9months left to fulfil the 5yrs requirement) my Tier 1 Visa ......

Question 1: Am I suppose to fill only the Tier 1 General Application Form for all of us?. Or is it that I have to also fill the separate PBS dependant application form for each of my dependant relatives?.

Question 2: Just saw that it's £561 as against £750 (for each dependant) if applying for each dependant relatives separately......if true, of what advantage is main applicant + dependant relatives' application if it's costlier. Also, what is the disadvantage of separate applications?

Regards

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Question 1: Am I suppose to fill only the Tier 1 General Application Form for all of us?. Or is it that I have to also fill the separate PBS dependant application form for each of my dependant relatives?.

You need to fill separate application for each dependent.

Question 2: Just saw that it's £561 as against £750 (for each dependant) if applying for each dependant relatives separately......if true, of what advantage is main applicant + dependant relatives' application if it's costlier. Also, what is the disadvantage of separate applications?

I am also thinking to file my dependent application latter. I still have confusion regarding this and waiting for some senior member to reply. I have spoken to UKBA call center and they say in worst case scenario my application would be pending and I would apply her visa. For her visa, I only need to show 90 days maintenance funds. Rest of information they already have on their system. Also, at the time of applying we can put reference number of our latest application. They can recall all information using that reference number. Still waiting for Mr.Mehta to reply on this one. This is my personal view and no legal guidance.