ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How late to apply for a Schengen Visa at Italian VFS(UK)?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wow.bulaga
Newly Registered

How late to apply for a Schengen Visa at Italian VFS(UK)?

Post by wow.bulaga » Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for a Schengen visa at the Italian Visa Application Centre in London. I have a couple of questions below I hope you can help me with.

1. The FAQ's on their website says, "The Consulate General recommends that you apply at least 3 weeks prior to your date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays." I'm not sure how to correctly interpret the 3 weeks here. Is it 21 working days or 15 working days (5 working days each week)? If my date of travel is June 4, what is the latest date of appointment I can book to submit my application?

I'm a bit worried I might not get my visa before my date of travel if I submit my application later than I should.

2. I was trying to register on their website to schedule an appointment. I'm on Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. There was a "Valid until" field after the Residence Permit No. question in the registration process, but it doesn't accept alpha characters that I couldn't write "Indefinite". Should I write a date that looks almost indefinite like 31/12/2099? I'm not sure if I can just leave it blank.

I would very much appreciate your helpful advice.

Thanks,
Wow

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I have not applied to Schengen visa at Italian embassy. With my multiple experiences at French, German and Swiss embassies between 2007-2010, I would not get too worried about applying at least 3 weeks in advance if you have all the documents in place. Having said that, depending on your nationality, it could take more time than expected.

Personally I found getting an appointment at short notice was the hardest bit.

I cannot comment on 2.

wow.bulaga
Newly Registered

Post by wow.bulaga » Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

manoj123 wrote:I have not applied to Schengen visa at Italian embassy. With my multiple experiences at French, German and Swiss embassies between 2007-2010, I would not get too worried about applying at least 3 weeks in advance if you have all the documents in place. Having said that, depending on your nationality, it could take more time than expected.

Personally I found getting an appointment at short notice was the hardest bit.

I cannot comment on 2.
Thank you for your response.

I do have all the documents in place, but my problem is getting an appointment that could be less than the recommended 3 weeks and I agree with you that it is the hardest part. I would like to make sure that I could get my visa before my date of travel.

If I plan to travel on June 4, is it still safe to have my appointment on May 11 at the latest?

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

wow.bulaga wrote:
If I plan to travel on June 4, is it still safe to have my appointment on May 11 at the latest?
As mentioned earlier, I cannot speak for Italian embassy. My Schengen visa applications in the past were issued a visa either on the same day or the next business day....so it should be fine.

pehlad_d
Newly Registered

Re: How late to apply for a Schengen Visa at Italian VFS(UK)

Post by pehlad_d » Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 pm

wow.bulaga wrote:Hello,

I'm planning to apply for a Schengen visa at the Italian Visa Application Centre in London. I have a couple of questions below I hope you can help me with.

1. The FAQ's on their website says, "The Consulate General recommends that you apply at least 3 weeks prior to your date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays." I'm not sure how to correctly interpret the 3 weeks here. Is it 21 working days or 15 working days (5 working days each week)? If my date of travel is June 4, what is the latest date of appointment I can book to submit my application?

I'm a bit worried I might not get my visa before my date of travel if I submit my application later than I should.

2. I was trying to register on their website to schedule an appointment. I'm on Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. There was a "Valid until" field after the Residence Permit No. question in the registration process, but it doesn't accept alpha characters that I couldn't write "Indefinite". Should I write a date that looks almost indefinite like 31/12/2099? I'm not sure if I can just leave it blank.

I would very much appreciate your helpful advice.

Thanks,
Wow
Hi,

my two cents: You might want to apply directly to Italian consulate (not thru VFS) and save £24 VFS processing fee.

Cheers
P