ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Delay in Applications processings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

Long Delay in Applications processings

Post by FLR » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:36 am

HSMP hopefuls,

It is very strange knowing that HSMP personnel are currently taking too long to process apps. At 11th June they were processsing apps of 6th March and then after 10 days, they were just three days ahead, that is, 9th March. It points towards the backlog that keep on increasing with the passage of time or may be they were off during many of those days.

Does anyone have any idea that how long do they take to process an app once they pick it when it turn arrives?

Thanks in advance.

pixi

Post by pixi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:59 am

All I can tell you is that there are delays across the board. I sent my extension application at the end of May and just received a confirmation letter saying it has been forwarded to Cannock.

Not being able to plan travel is a real bummer, but hopefully things will move along soon.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:09 am

Hafeez,
After your turn arrives, if your application is done clearly and information is concise, they can reach a decision in as little as 1 day. In case of any issues or additional information requests it can take longer.
Mini

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:15 am

Thanks Mini, I guess you are right cuz if all the requiements are met then they are not going to take long to process the app. But this is obvious that they have got humungous number of apps from March on wards, so it is supposed to take long. They may be taking the same amont of time to process an app but the number of apps cause all this illuded delay.

Let's pray for the best to happen for us, getting HSMP approval is the first step, a lot to follow. :)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:19 am

pixi wrote:All I can tell you is that there are delays across the board. I sent my extension application at the end of May and just received a confirmation letter saying it has been forwarded to Cannock.
Pixi,

How come your application was forwarded to Cannock? - Did you send it initially to SSheffield/Doncaster

All FLR (IED) forms are meant to go to Cannock in the first instance for them to take payment

The application is then presumably forwarded to HSMP in Sheffield who sort out if you meet requirements - and then to their Visa stamping team...

..so I dont see why you recvd a letter confirming that your application has been forwarded to Cannock :roll:

BTW, using a cheque usually increases the processing time as the Cheque has to clear first before they can sort out the application

Good luck and keep us informed of progress
Where there is a will there is a way.

pixi

Post by pixi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:49 pm

Sorry, I meant they forwarded it to Sheffield. :)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:43 pm

pixi wrote:All I can tell you is that there are delays across the board. I sent my extension application at the end of May and just received a confirmation letter saying it has been forwarded to Cannock.

Not being able to plan travel is a real bummer, but hopefully things will move along soon.

Pixi,

Any update on renewal? - Have you trioed to phone them and find out what the hell is going on
Where there is a will there is a way.

pixi

Post by pixi » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:25 am

I have indeed phoned them and they have been very polite. It is currently with a case worker, and I am supposed to be receiving it soon.

A colleague of mine is travelling in two weeks and she sent hers two weeks after I did. Needless to say she is quite nervous.