ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen- Macedonian Boyfriend.. Visa Help Needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nuallain17
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen- Macedonian Boyfriend.. Visa Help Needed

Post by Nuallain17 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi,

Im currently in the Channel Islands working. Born and lived in Ireland until i was 22. Im currently 7 months pregnant. My boyfriend has a Macedonian passport and i was just wondering what type of Visa he needs to apply for to be able to come to Ireland? Ive never had to deal with Visas before therefore i dont know what type of Visas are available and what length the last for or if there are different forms you need to fill out if children are involved. Any help would REALLY REALLY be appreciated!

Is mise le meas

Katie

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Nuallain17
Newly Registered

Post by Nuallain17 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Thank you thats great help ! Just a quick question can he apply for his visa from the Irish Embassy in London yes ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Nuallain17 wrote:Thank you thats great help ! Just a quick question can he apply for his visa from the Irish Embassy in London yes ?
Almost certainly, yes. You could email them and ask.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Irish Citizen- Macedonian Boyfriend.. Visa Help Needed

Post by walrusgumble » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Nuallain17 wrote:Hi,

Im currently in the Channel Islands working. Born and lived in Ireland until i was 22. Im currently 7 months pregnant. My boyfriend has a Macedonian passport and i was just wondering what type of Visa he needs to apply for to be able to come to Ireland? Ive never had to deal with Visas before therefore i dont know what type of Visas are available and what length the last for or if there are different forms you need to fill out if children are involved. Any help would REALLY REALLY be appreciated!

Is mise le meas

Katie
Visa to come to Ireland?

As you are in the Channel Islands, and exercising your EU rights, you will be able to invoke EU law when returning to IReland , thus, should not have to much problems with visa control. Just concentrate on proving that it is a de facto durable relationship. (should not be hard as your pregnant)

You could rely on Irish law, for residency, but, EU law would be handier (NO discretion unless Irish Law)