ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time for Tier1 - possibility to sue UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

Waiting time for Tier1 - possibility to sue UKBA

Post by manuelaux » Thu May 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I really don't understand this waiting time for Tier1 extension. I know person waiting for 2 month.

My extension is about to come ... I am quite afraid as i am very frequent business traveler. If i will have to wait my passport for more than 2 weeks i will probably be fired as i will not be able to do my job.

On another had what if I have to fly back to home country if some member of my family get sick or God forbid die?

I know there is PEO but PEO is not guaranteed one day service and to get appointment is real lottery!

If i loose my job will i be able to sue the UKBA and demand the compensation?

No other country in western world does this. Is it enough that when they receive passport make a copy and return it! There is no need for holding the passport!

It is really frustrating and shocking how UK behave to immigrants!

Bhaskarnu

Post by Bhaskarnu » Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 am

HI,

We can understand your frustation. We should keep in mind that we are allowed to work in UK only if we have the Valid Visa. Its the individual duty to keep upto the policies of UKBA and hold a valid visa to work.

Having read your job responsibilities at your job, you might inform your company about your visa extensions and the timelines. Every Organisation understands the importance of it and can plan accordingly.

You always have the option of PEO. Kindly note that not all the PEO applications take more than a day, there could be cases, but I say just 5-10% of the cases. With my experience getting appointment for PEO is not very tough, not sure at this moment, but when I have tried it in Feb, I didnt face any trouble. The first chance is tough, but the later ones are damn easy.

I remember in UKBA website, can share you when I find the link, its been mentioned that if you are not able to get PEO appointment, you should apply by post, If not leave the country. Keeping in mind the above information, I hope we have no choice to sue UKBA.

Seniors, please advice if I am wrong.

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 am

Yes you are right but i wasn’t aware of the situation what is happening when you have to extend visa.

I thought that UK standard is at least on the same as other EU countries but it looks like it is not.

No other EU country charges you more than 100 euros for any service and usually it is over in a week (eg Italy).

If i knew this i would never start my life here. It is not easy after 2 years "just to leave the country" just when you found new friends, love, job ...

Bhaskarnu

Post by Bhaskarnu » Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 pm

True, Now that you want an extension, inform your supervisors well in advance and hope that your result is on the same day. Prepare well with all possible answers for all the silly questions they raise.
Have your documents perfectly, carry all possible docs, you never know if they ask you for some XYZ document suddenly. Wish that they wld let you know in just couple of hours.
Good Luck

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks! I will!

Do you know what stupid questions they usualy ask? :D