ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

old passport (Help Please)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guyintheuk

old passport (Help Please)

Post by guyintheuk » Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 am

I suppose to submit for my citizinship application next september and I want to ask about my old passport I have renewd it in 2009 (I have been in the country since 2006) I have lost the old passport after I granted my ILR which is on my new passport.
is it necessary to send the old passport to home office ?
and what should i do if I coudlnt find it ?
any help please .....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 pm

1. Report the loss to police and get a police report issued (if they can / do issue one for loss of an expired passport with no valid leave to enter / remain, that is).
2. If one is issued, enclose the police report with the naturalisation application.
3. Provide alternate documentary evidences (2.1).
4. Submit SAR and ask for records of date(s) of exit and entry during the years in question.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 pm

had the same problem -

I submitted my most recent passport with the ILR and it wasnt an issue.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

I haven't lost my old passport here in the UK I have forgotten it back in my country and I couldnt find it after that !
I'm reading the application form for the citizinship and they ask for the old passport only in one occasion

"3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years before the date of the application"
• Your passports OR
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK.

I can get the letter from my emplyer as I have been working with him since the date of arrival to the UK, so is it enough ?

os_sbs
Newly Registered

Post by os_sbs » Fri May 04, 2012 3:34 pm

had the same issue, current passport has been issued in 2010. Previous - stolen.

applied through NCS about two weeks ago and was told that need to submit letters from employers or P-60s to cover 2007-2012 to confirm the residence requirement of 5 years.
they re-schedule my appointment for a week later so i could prepare the additional documents. So i return a week later with the letter from my current employer confirming the fact of my employment with them since october 2006.
NCS went through all of the docs again and said it was ok now with the letter. I also had copies of my old passport with the first UK visa showing the entry stamp in Gatwick in 2005 but they said they would not require it and only took application form+life in the uk+employer's letter.

so i'm on the waiting period since beginning of May (hoping that olympics will not cause bad delays to the applications).

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri May 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Senior Members

I have booked appointment for my Citizenship Application on 24th aug 2012 and I lost my old passport and I have police record.

As I have worked in different Hospitals for 6 months to one year in UK from 2007 till 2011,I have offer letters from hospitals for each job and I have P60.
Do i need to get letter from each hospital in june or july stating that i worked there from 2007 till 2011.

Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 pm

P60s are enough.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri May 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your advice.You have always given us very useful advice to me and I have seen you always given advice to people who ask for advice.

Regards
Jaffar

Man_In_Barc

Naturalisation

Post by Man_In_Barc » Sat May 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I have got the issue with lost passport for my spouse application.

Application AN as a spouse of BC

Her new passport was issued in July 2009 and later endorsed with ILR in March 2010.

What supporting do i need to include

1.Cannot enclose P60 or payslips as she never worked.
2.Have got SAR copy of NHS of her attending PCT as and when required.
3.Requested SAR copy from UKBA explicitly requesting exit and entry dates but they havent sent the necessary info but sent but ILR and dependant visa documents.
4.Havent got the report from police as it was submitted to obtain new passport in 2009 and when recently called the same police station for a reference number ,they suggested their records cant go backwards for that length of time.

Can i apply using NHS sar report and UKBA sar report with no entry and exit records and some bank statements.

How do i fill in section 6.6 and section 6.7

I am planning to apply via postal as NCS wouldnt accept till July.Please suggest .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation

Post by Jambo » Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:I have got the issue with lost passport for my spouse application.

Application AN as a spouse of BC

Her new passport was issued in July 2009 and later endorsed with ILR in March 2010.

What supporting do i need to include

1.Cannot enclose P60 or payslips as she never worked.
2.Have got SAR copy of NHS of her attending PCT as and when required.
3.Requested SAR copy from UKBA explicitly requesting exit and entry dates but they havent sent the necessary info but sent but ILR and dependant visa documents.
4.Havent got the report from police as it was submitted to obtain new passport in 2009 and when recently called the same police station for a reference number ,they suggested their records cant go backwards for that length of time.

Can i apply using NHS sar report and UKBA sar report with no entry and exit records and some bank statements.

How do i fill in section 6.6 and section 6.7

I am planning to apply via postal as NCS wouldnt accept till July.Please suggest .
You should be fine. As the new passport is from July it's just May-July that is missing. It should not cause any issue. The HO should know when she entered the country before May. If the NHS SAR shows she attended a clinic during that period, that's fine (or just get the GP to confirm that based on her medical record). If she was named on a utility bill, you can add that. As for proof that she has been in the UK 3 years before the application, then the HO can always verify the dates she provide for her absences if they wish. They don't need her passport for that.

I would not send the HO SAR. They got the same data as the SAR was taken from their system.

For 6.6 & 6.7, if she meets the requirements, then just delete 6.6 and ignore 6.7

Man_In_Barc

Naturalisation

Post by Man_In_Barc » Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks for your quick reply Jambo.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Wed May 09, 2012 9:31 am

so if I submit a paper from employer and the P60s should be enough ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 am

guyintheuk wrote:so if I submit a paper from employer and the P60s should be enough ?
That's what the form asks for.