ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

backdating CSI.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gibson
Newly Registered

backdating CSI.

Post by Gibson » Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Dear All,
My wife (French National) is a self sufficient as i provides funds for her.
I have a residence card which will expire in 2014.
we did not know that she and all dependents should have CSI.
My Question is, is it possible to backdate the CSI for the last three years because we would have done CSI, if we knew about it then.
is anyone experience before what i am going through now, any idea, anyone tried backdating CSI before.
thank you all in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Can you imagine the following scenario?

I did not take out insurance. I had an accident. I phoned an insurer and asked if I could back date my policy to a time before the accident. What do you think they would say?

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Fri May 04, 2012 5:39 pm

The EU will soon take the UK to court, because the EU feels that if you are entitled to the NHS as everybody that lives here after a year, there is no need for CSI. So they gave the UK two months, the UK might fight or not fight.

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri May 04, 2012 6:53 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Can you imagine the following scenario?

I did not take out insurance. I had an accident. I phoned an insurer and asked if I could back date my policy to a time before the accident. What do you think they would say?
he probably think that they will give him a discount as well.
did your wife had ehic card issued by French nhs?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

petkanov wrote:The EU will soon take the UK to court, because the EU feels that if you are entitled to the NHS as everybody that lives here after a year, there is no need for CSI. So they gave the UK two months, the UK might fight or not fight.
Perhaps, the UK might win its argument.

zheni

Post by zheni » Fri May 04, 2012 9:22 pm

petkanov wrote:The EU will soon take the UK to court, because the EU feels that if you are entitled to the NHS as everybody that lives here after a year, there is no need for CSI. So they gave the UK two months, the UK might fight or not fight.

I doubt that. The requirement for CSI is not a domestic requirement under UK national law, it is derived from the directive which is implemented by the Immigration Regulations 2006. The problem with CSI is that until almost a year ago the UK did not require EEA applicants upon applying for registration certificate to posses CSI, although by their own regulations they had to.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:02 pm

zheni wrote:
I doubt that. The requirement for CSI is not a domestic requirement under UK national law, it is derived from the directive which is implemented by the Immigration Regulations 2006. The problem with CSI is that until almost a year ago the UK did not require EEA applicants upon applying for registration certificate to posses CSI, although by their own regulations they had to.
The EU has issued the UK with a reasoned opinion (second step in infringement proceedings). The UK might win, it might not. I understand that the CSI policy change referred to above related to students.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm

zheni wrote:The problem with CSI is that until almost a year ago the UK did not require EEA applicants upon applying for registration certificate to posses CSI, although by their own regulations they had to.
This is true for students. For self-sufficient the requirement for CSI started mid 2008 (both EEA1 & EEA2).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Jambo wrote:.
This is true for students. For self-sufficient the requirement for CSI started mid 2008 (both EEA1 & EEA2).[/quote]

Interesting.

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Fri May 04, 2012 11:46 pm

You are absolutely right Guru, It's sound very strange to begin with. But we have cases like benefits, for instance, sometime you don't know that you are entitle to benefits and you take it but it can be refund once found out. I mean, there must be something there in which case I ll be able to make up for last three years which we were unaware and did not know about CSI.
we were entitle to NHS and we were benefiting from it. now they (NHS) got nothing to loose if we pay our health insurance to them and in return they give us CSI for last three years.
My wife does not have any other insurance from any other EEA country.
Guys there must be something I can do to save my last three years.
Thank you all

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 am

You can't backdate insurance. NHS has nothing to do with this as this is a requirement to have a private insurance and not NHS to qualify under EEA regulations in the UK.

How did your wife exercise treaty rights while you applied for RC in 2009? If you applied as self-sufficient, you should have required to show you have CSI then.

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 am

She was working back then and lost her job because the factory she working in got closed.
Since,she didn't work and we also had children and one of us had to stay with children.
I know it's so complicated but still looking for answers.

Gyvybe
Newly Registered

Re: backdating CSI.

Post by Gyvybe » Fri May 15, 2015 9:41 am

Hello Gibson,

did you get the answer you needed as I am looking for the same solution or something similar when I was studying for a year...

mallakxxxx
Newly Registered

Re: backdating CSI.

Post by mallakxxxx » Fri May 15, 2015 11:52 am

Hey, Sort of in the similar situation. Called the ukba eu helpline and they informed me that requirement for CSI came into effect from 2011 and it was not an automatic cause of refusal before that so thats what im going for.Cherers