ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO + Child for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

PEO + Child for ILR

Post by Monasheikh » Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to take a PEO appointemnt for myself and my 2 year old son. I am aware of the MN1 application for UK born children, but in my case we may have to travel while I wait for his BC to be processed so decided to have an ILR for him too.

Is it possible some one can advice me on:

1. Forms to be filled for ILR dependent who is a 2 years old?

My understanding is he only needs to be put down on my SET O application.

2. Will he need to go with me to PEO?

If his physical presence is not required I prefer to go alone as after reading several poeples experiences here I gather that PEO experience can be quick to tedious and time consuming, not to mention the journey.

3. How about Biometrics for him?

4. And am I right in taking an appointment for applicant + 1 dependent even if my son does not need to go with me?

Please share any suggestions.

Thank you,
Mona

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri May 04, 2012 5:16 pm

1. He doesn’t need a separate form. You need to fill his details in the same SET(O) form which you are using for yourself.

2. Yes, he needs to visit PEO. Because since 29 Feb 2012, UKBA have introduced Biometrics for ILR too and all children need to visit PEO.

3. He won’t have his fingers scanned as he is under 6, but he still needs to visit to get his photograph taken.

4. You need to book appointment for 2 people. One for yourself and one for your son. Your son needs to go with you and you can’t go without him if you want to apply for his ILR with your application.

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Mon May 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Dear Linkers,

Many thanks for answering my queries.

Mona